Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bs4AND Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
B
Just wondering who's out there? Anyone love their Rummy Doc.? Not that there is many to chose from. I found out almost 1 year to the date that I have AS. But I'm on stop all meds. until they can find out what is happening with my lungs, heart, and what ever else they want to throw in the pot. Embril had my sed rate down to 9, but now its up to 48 man this weather is a killer to. What do you fellow AS friends do that work the best? Anyone super great I need to see??? Thanks and Hello to all who share are pain! Heres to the new year with hoping to find the right combo!

Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
I'm up in Logan. There is only one rheumatologist around (Dr. Walker), and he's pretty good. He's my only option, but I do like him. Can't say I "love" any doctor though. Basically right now I am just taking 15mg of meloxicam/day with omeprazole, doing NSD, and have also just started taking the supplement Padma Basic. None of them is a cure all, but I will stick with the diet because it certainly does lower my pain by 1 to 2 points. Haven't tried anything stronger yet, so can't speak for anything else. I'll probably request sulfasalizine later this month when I see the doctor. I also self-medicate by running a lot. My daily run is the only time I ever feel "normal". But pain is around a "2" most days, so I can't complain.

Paul Running Blog Endure and persist; this pain will turn to your good. - Ovid
J
New_Member
New_Member
J
Hi Utah folks!

I'm in the Salt Lake area. I don't post a lot, but do a fair amount of reading on the forum. I was diagnosed 4 years ago, and have been NSD for the last 3 years. I take NSAIDs only when needed, which isn't very often. In addition to the NSD, I think exercise has been important for me, too, hiking, biking, XC-skiing, and daily walks.

Jeanette

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
I grew up in the Salt Lake Valley, but now live in Utah county. I go to Dr. Call down here. I also run, and it helps the arthritis. I take meloxicam a couple times a week. I was on enbrel it was great then the MS showed up. That was the end of all anti-TNF's for me. I take an avonex shot every week for the MS. I swear it helps the AS also even though both the neurologist, and rheumatologist say it will not help arthritis. I was off avonex for a little more than a month, and the AS flared up, when I started getting the avonex shots again AS settled down.

If you want to join us at the AS ski party you are welcome. If you don't ski, come meet us for lunch, or we could meet after for dinner. Deanpaul, Snowshoe, and I have been doing this for several years.

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
B
bs4AND Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
B
I randomly have hives my husband say's I itch all night even though I take Zyrtec and sometimes up to 6 Benidrills. I had staff in Oct. and my lungs haven't been the same but come to think I think it all started with the Embril. I am going to a cardo Dr. at 10:30 new to the list then Dr. Mattews lucky me I get to see him! Pretty good I saw him when I fist started a year almost ago and ok 1/2 times with the AS (reviel)? sorry spelling is not my stronge point, I'm sure you will read as I post. 10 Doctors in my list you would think that 1 could figure out what the hell is wronge with me. (pardon my mouth) My sister asures me that going out to dinner with the group will be a great thing. LOL I guess I watch to many CSI shows. LOL As if those shows could get anyworse than our illness talk. I commend you exersizers, man lug around a oxigin tank we call it wallie O (oxigin) ok little things make us laugh, but if its not in a pool its a no go for me and at that 5 mins on my 5 exersizes. WoW right your thinking you wish you could be me. I get that alot. No actully some would say me and Drew Barrymore are alike. I'll take it. Just wonder how I can get a hold of her money. LOL What do you do for pain? I hate to get hooked on pain pills but my body will not tolerate much of anything sucks to be me. But one thing is cool my sister in Cally. says they pay for oxigin bars. Well I guess I do to just not the way they do. I have no idiea why people would pay for oxigin, it keeps me alive but other than that I have no idiea. Bla bla bla. I need to go some where warm!!!!!!

B
bs4AND Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
B
Drew Berrymores look alike Sandy Berrymore?
It works right?

New_Member
New_Member
interesting. After 15 years of dealing with this crap, I was finally diagnosed and saw my first Rheumy yesterday. And I'm left wondering why I live in Utah. The weather doesn't help me much. Honestly, this site has been very interesting, and while I don't ski (the doc told me I need to quit boarding at the skate park too), I would be interested in meeting up with some other Utahns, just to talk over some experiences. They want to put me on Humira, as I can't tolerate any of the NSAIDs anymore. I'm not sure where to go on that.

M
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
M
I don't have anything particularly notable to state other than I'm in Utah as well . See you around.

M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
Southeast Utah found out I had As around April 09. Pretty down about it for awhile, now taking it head on.

Darrel.

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)