Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#312290 09/24/08 03:52 PM
Possi Offline OP
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
We came home from the hospital yesterday against the dr's wishes (not AMA) just against his better judgment AND mine. It is really exhausting me.

He can't do much for himself and my back in really hurting. I am glad to have him home though. I will just be glad when we get through running to PT, etc.

I had all kinds of problems of course while he was gone. First I spent the night there after his surgery and came home and pulled in the garage and took my time coming into the house. I put my purse down, got a drink, looked at the mail and just generally piddled. I went into the living room and started to the other side of the house and noticed in the entry way that the front door was open about 8 inches. I thought that surely we wouldn't have gone off with the doors unlocked but I thought possibly and went on into the hallway and noticed the door open to the guest room and the light on. Then I got concerned.

I called my daughter and asked her to stay on the phone with me while I checked the house out. She said, "Mother (that is like calling them by their full name) where are you? She said "Get out of the house and call 911 and ask for an officer." and I said just stay on the phone with me for a few minutes and she said that she didn't exactly want to be on the phone hearing her Mother screaming. That got my attention and I called 911. He did go through the house and no one was there. He did say with it being at the front of the house on the other side that it is possible that someone was in the house and that I was watched over by taking my time in going into the rest of the house. He thought they left by the front door then. He asked if I could tell if anything was missing and I told him that I could hardly tell if it was still day light I was so tired. He said some times it is long time before you go to get something and realize it is gone.

I called the locksmith and he came out early afternoon and changed all of the locks out or me. It should have been done when we bought the house and we didn't do it. So all of you who are moving, be sure and change the locks.

Got that taken care of and actually slept fine that night. The next day I was on the turnpike and realized that my turn signals weren't working. I took it in to the shop thinking it was a fuse and it wasn't, it is in the electric board and so I drove the pickup until today I have an appt. to take it to an electrical place.

I continue to covet your prayers for him to have a quick and complete healing and that I might keep it together and do what I need to do.

I am sitting here at 10:50 a.m. dozing off in this chair. I am so tired. I am going to get in the shower and get ready to go to the automotive shop and then to the medical supply place and to Wal-Mart and the grocery store. At least the ladies from church are bringing food and what a blessing.

Hope all is well with all of you. I will try to read posts later today and catch up with you all.

Thanks for your encouragement.

Hugs
Blessings, Possi

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

"A FRIEND LOOKS THROUGH YOUR BROKEN FENCE TO ADMIRE YOUR FLOWERS."

Possi #312291 09/24/08 04:10 PM
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
Well let's see - they say it comes in 3's. breakin - car - nurse possi. Don't tell your husband he'll want an outfit put on those men! Thank goodness you are ok. Don't ever not change the locks again. I'm just glad you didn't end up confronting the thief could have been bad. Hope everythnig will get easier and smoother for you...Sue!

Possi #312292 09/24/08 05:35 PM
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Oh, Possi, how scary to find your house like that! I'm glad your daughter made you get out and call 911 or you could have been hurt.

I'm thinking of you as you transition to taking care of your husband at home. I'll pray for no more intruders, cars that don't break down and uneventful and quick healing.

The best to you!

Karen

I cannot make the universe obey me. I cannot make other people conform to my own whims and fancies. I cannot make even my own body obey me.

Thomas Merton

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.

Emily Dickinson

Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Wow Possi - that is so scary! Glad you are OK!!!!

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer. -Albert Camus
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Possi, no need to reply, just be absolutely assured that you are both in our prayers. Rest well and be careful.

Dean

Keep the Faith!

Possi #312295 09/24/08 07:41 PM
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Joyce, just saw this. I'm so glad you are both OK and hubby is home. It's going to be an exhausting time for you with his PT, but in the end it will be worth it. If you can get him into a pool, it will be amazing. My sweetie has been swimming laps and doing PT in the pool for almost a month now and the progress on his ankle has been nothing short of miraculous. The doctors are stunned!

What a fright you had at the house. I hope that you interrupted whomever it was before he/she had a chance to steal anything. And I'm glad you took your daughter's advice and called 911.

You know I'm sending white light and love to you both, for his speedy recovery and your peace of mind (not to mention body and spirit).

Love and hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Possi #312296 09/24/08 09:28 PM
hi possi,

our house was broken into and robbed when i was in my 20s living with 2 roommates, so i know how unsettling that can be.

good to hear you're home now.

sue

Possi #312297 09/25/08 01:51 AM
B
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
B
Wow! Talk about emotions! I am sure glad you are o.k. That seems very scary. Hopefully everything in the home is still in place and no more problems. It is nice to hear Floyd is back. I hope everything goes well for him and that he heals fast. I also hope you find enough rest and have enough energy to keep things going.

Bill

If your time ain't come, not even A doctor can kill you.
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Possi,

I'm so glad you're ok! I'm glad you didn't go through the house by yourself. That could have been bad. I'm glad you were able to bring your hubby home! I bet its' a relief not having to run to the hospital every day!

Keep us updated and get some sleep!

Possi #312299 09/25/08 08:44 PM
L
L
wow...all those things to go through..

May the Lord keep you strong...

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence, then, is not an act but a habit" "Search others for their virtues, thyself for thy vices"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 36 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,367,361 hmmm
1,323,044 OMG!!!!
711,701 PARTY TIME!