Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#311411 09/15/08 03:40 PM
ironchef
OP Offline
ironchef
oh drat it all...

my hair has turned into baby hair, and it didn't turn back to baby-blond...either

wshed my hair saturday and tons of stuff fell out,,,yards of hair.
and my beard is going bald too...

by this time next week i may be clean shaven (after 41 years of beard)...
(although there was one morning in 1968 when i was feeling very liberated
and couldn't remember what my face looked like so i shaved it off and started to
grow it back that day...maybe a bit toooo much sunshine and scotch the night before)

the only chnage i've made in the past month/six weeks was to taper off and
stop the prevacid...since falling is a major issue for me after 6 years on prevacid
nowadays we're going to work on building up calcium, vit D and b vitamins.

so disheartened, always had pretty good hair, clumps everywhere now...it just sheds.
but pervesely i still have that wookie look elsewhere.

AOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
I'm really sorry to hear about your hair loss. As it's not gradual but suddenly onset I too would think meds or diet. My girlfriend had a gastric bypass and soon after with not getting proper nutrients she had dramatic hair loss. Are you taking vitamins? Have you dramatically changed your eating habits in the last couple months? I would think that starting a new med would cause hair loss not stopping a med. Hmmmm...any new meds you may not have remembered starting recently?

I don't know enough about the immune system to know if there is a correlation between AS and absorbtion of nutrients - but my husband who is diebetic has recently went into ketosis by going on the no starch diet with me. We aimed for ketotis years ago before he had turned diabetic with the atkins diet and I recall that when in this process your body changes over and starts to not absorb all of the nutrients taken in resulting in weight loss and such. I would think that could result in hair loss if you are not getting the nutrients your body needs. You can get a pee stick to test for ketosis and see maybe from a doctor what may be needed to help with nutrient absorbtion. Another easy way - breath on someone and if your breath is really really bad you probably are in ketosis.

My husband and I have a little bit of a cushion weight wise but maybe you do not and it is starting to affect your health. If you are not lowering your starch/carb intake then just ignore my self implied sluth detective reasonings... and I hope you find your reasons soon...Sue!

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
olaha ben,

that does seem quite unusual?
hope you / the docs figure it out.

maybe they'll start selling prevacid instead of rogaine for hair loss

sue

Im not sure what is going on...

I know when I am on high doses of steroids afterwards alot of my hair will fall out.

Are you going to the Dr. or just gonna wait and see?

Hugs,

Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

J
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
J
If I didn't know better, I'd say you were taking Methotrexate !

Seriously, could be a thyroid issue too - have you had that checked recently?

Janet
B
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
B
never mind, there must be a lot of bald hippies around these days ... will you still be able to get work as a garden gnome?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ben,

I lost a lot of hair when I was taking prevacid. If you do search on hair loss and prevacid, you will see many posts. It is not listed as side effect of the drug...

Ali

J
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
J
My hair had been coming out for a while and last time I went to hair cuttery, I had a new stylist who seemed to know what she was doing (unusual for that chain). She told me my hair was way too brittle and had me do some kind of treatment. Then she sold me a new line of shampoos and conditioners and deep conditioners (yes, I felt like a sucker spending so much money at a discount hair cut chain). Turns out she knew her stuff and my hair hasn't been coming out so much since I've been using it. Not saying this is necessarily the same thing, but thought I'd mention it.

Jeff

Hair loss most certainly should be listed as a side effect to prevacid and nexium. I lost about 2/3 of my hair on both, and it's taking years to recover from it. (Gotta love wigs.)

thank goodness i never had that happen on prilosec,
wonder if its a side effect of that drug as well, and i was lucky not to have the side effect, or (megan) if you need an acid blocker, wonder if you could take prilosec instead?

sue

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM