Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#309871 09/04/08 04:27 PM
gd7405 Offline OP
Bronze_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Bronze_AS_Kicker
Just after my surgery, 6 weeks ago, my son, Cameron was complaining one morning about an earache. We got him in to the the PA that day and while she was examining him she thought she heard something "unusual" about his heartbeat. He went in for and EKG a few days later and that turned out ok. Then he had to wear a holter for 24 hours which is basically a 24 hour ekg from what they said. We got the results back from that yesterday and we were told he has a "rapid & irregular heartbeat". We now have set up an appointment for him to see a pediatric cardiologist next month (earliest appointment available). The doctors office told us not to panic that it could just be that could be "normal" for him, but they wanted to rule out anything else.
If anyone has ever read my profile you'll see that it says I have just one child. He's now 15 1/2 yrs old and will be 16 in January. He's my buddy and the light of my life. I would appreciate any prayers for him.
I refuse to get worked up about this and will continue to trust in God that he will take care of my son.

Glenn

"If God were small enough for your minds, He wouldn't be big enough for your needs."
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Glenn,
It's so frightening to think that there might be something seriously wrong with our kids. I sure hope this is just a false alarm.

Karen

I cannot make the universe obey me. I cannot make other people conform to my own whims and fancies. I cannot make even my own body obey me.

Thomas Merton

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.

Emily Dickinson

Apprentice_AS_Kicker
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
Glenn,
I will defintely lift him up in prayer!
As a child, starting at about 9 yrs old, I would have bouts of a very rapid heartbeat. It took until I was an adult before I was diagnosed with "Wolf Parkinson White Syndrome". and it was 'fixed' with an EP study and ablation. Maybe ask him if he ever feels his heart beating really hard & fast, it seemed that mine would start up when I would move quickly & take a fast, deep breath at the same time-like jumping rope. And it could very well be "normal" for him. Please try not to stress or worry, God has your son's life in His hands and He knows your heart's desires.

"He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain..." --Revelation 21:4 I can't wait!!!
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
hoping that this is his "normal" and its nothing too serious.

sue

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Glen,

We will definitely keep Cameron in our prayers, but just a short note to reinforce the Dr. "don't panic" statement, both my uncle (who lived until he was well over 90 years old) and I have a faster than "normal" heart rate. And sometimes it is also irregular. While it is something to check out, it may be just the way he is.

Dean

Keep the Faith!

Presidential_AS_Kicker
Presidential_AS_Kicker
Hi Glenn,
I have a heart rhythm problem also, which started maybe 4 years ago. My cardio also mentioned that my condition may sometimes be the norm for some people, and many people never even notice it. I don't think my condition is related to AS though, at least not directly. If your son is becoming inactive or having chest complaints because of the fast and irregular beat than it probably isn't his norm. I'm glad you had him checked out right away. I hope it ends up being nothing to be too concerned about. Oh, and just so you know, my heart meds have been working great at keeping it controlled and regular.
Take care,
James.

HLA-B27+, JRA diagnosis in 1981, re-diagnosed as AS in 1988. Also iritis, colitis, and psoriasis. NSD + low carb helps me. My health makes it hard for me to post in a timely way.
Hi Glenn,

I have a new son and know how you feel now. Prayers to your son and family that all will be OK.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Wow, Glenn, just saw this. You are taking the right approach, be absolutely sure of that--keep that even keel and hold that panic at bay, although I know that must be so hard to do when you think something might be wrong with your child. The doctors are right, this might not be anything big at all; in fact, most rapid heartbeat situations can be taken care of very easily. I've had a problem with the occasional arrythmia throughout the years, and we were always able to treat it easily using medication (then finally found out that oral prednisone triggers an "event" for me almost every time).

The biggest reason not to panic is, of course, your son. He'll follow your lead, my friend, so this is one where you need to stand strong and not let him see you worry. Again, SO hard to do, I know. I'm sure that behind closed doors you and your wife are having trouble thinking of anything else, and my thoughts and prayers are with you each and every day as you go through this. I have to leave the house right now (been a crazy, crazy day--I'll PM you later), but I will do my best to call you tomorrow to see how you are doing.

Hang in there, and send my best to your wife and son--I'm thinking of both of them as well.

Brad

He who has a 'why' to live can bear with almost any 'how'.
--Friedrich Nietzsche

Sounds like everything takes time, discipline, and patience, and those are seven things I don't have.
--Jon Dore

gd7405 Offline OP
Bronze_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Bronze_AS_Kicker
I really appreciate all the kind thoughts & prayers. I'm sure this is just his "normal" condition. I have one similar to that and my cardiologist says that its normal for me. I just felt that since we don't yet know for sure that I could use all the prayers, just in case. I know I've said my share of prayers and it will be on my mind until we see his doctor.

Thanks again,
Glenn

"If God were small enough for your minds, He wouldn't be big enough for your needs."
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Glenn,

you and your son are in my prayers. I hope everything turns out to be ok and it's just his normal. Please, please keep us updated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM