I miss breaded things a lot. This recipe gives chicken a richness that is reminiscent of that formerly wonderful, but now ultimately painful, deep-fried breading.

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 T. chopped garlic
1 egg
1/2 tsp. dried basil
~ 2 c. grated parmesan cheese

Combine the egg, garlic and basil in a large mixing bowl. Slice the chicken breasts into fingers and toss into the bowl with the egg/garlic mixture. Mix it together to coat the chicken well. If the egg mixture is a bit runny, add a little of the grated parmesan to help sop it up a bit. Grease the bottom of a 13x9 glass baking dish lightly with some olive oil. Lay the chicken strips in the bottom of the pan in a single layer. Now sprinkle the top generously and evenly with the grated parmesan. Bake at 375 F for 35-45 minutes till the cheese is quite browned. I like it when the cheese on the edges of the glass pan is crunchy.

I've also made this recipe by just coating the chicken with the garlic (omitting egg and basil), then covering generously with parmesan.

Serve with your favorite green leafy salad.

NSD tip:
Grate your own parmesan cheese from wedges. The pre-grated cheese has starchy junk on it to prevent clumping.

Jeanette