Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PaulS Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
P
Hi all,

I thought it was time for a brief update on my life on the NSD.

I'm GREAT!!

No pain. Healthy. All movement restored. Living fully.

Thanks entirely to KickAS. I wish you all equal success.

Paul
www.paulschmidstudio.com

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Wonderful! Love the art!

Karen

I cannot make the universe obey me. I cannot make other people conform to my own whims and fancies. I cannot make even my own body obey me.

Thomas Merton

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.

Emily Dickinson

Good to hear Paul and thanks for the update! I will hit the 6 year mark in March this year with the diet.

wishes for continued success on the diet!

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Iron_AS_Kicker
Iron_AS_Kicker
Thats so good to hear! I am about 1 1/2 years and doing great. Did you also have to give up or cut back on sugars (dairy or fruit) as well? That made the difference for me, now I am 100% pain free, and able to tolerate fruit and dairy is moderation.

Do you take any supplements, like probiotics? Any food in particular you think helped (like I use loads of coconut oil now). Any treatments you would recommend?

Great Website! It must have been torture painting in pain. How fantastic it must be now. I bet you can go all day.

P
PaulS Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
P
I was just up in the mountains this weekend sledding with my daughter. On several of the runs, as I smashed into one of the moguls, I remember thinking: "If I were not on the diet, that one would have snapped my spine."

I don't do anything special anymore except avoid starches. I keep dairy to whole milk yogurt only, drink no sodas, eat no candy except chocolate (primarily dark chocolate.)

I do consume a lot of fruit and have never had difficulty with them. I love all sorts of dried fruit, and daily eat from my own fruit-and-nut mixture. Being slender by nature, I lean towards high-energy foods.

I lift weights, do yoga, backpack, kayak, all without hinderance from my AS. I'm about as lucky as a guy who's had a second chance at life can be.

Yes, I still have AS: I was a guest at a dinner party where the meal was a bit starchy and woke up to a small flare.

The great thing about the diet for me is that it requires no willpower; I just will not go back to a life in pain.

Best of luck,

Paul

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM