Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Warrior_AS_Kicker
Warrior_AS_Kicker
Wow Tim, Many congratualtions on being a Proud Father!! My best wishes to You and your wife...

Both of us have come a long way from when we met last. Lets hope we can meet sometime and Uncle Ankush can bring a gift for the baby boy....

The World can only change from within...

OP Offline
Hi Ankush,

Yes... some time has now passed since we met. Hope you are doing well!

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Hey Tim,
I tried to make sure I fed him every two hours during the day, in hopes of him sleeping through the night or at least sleeping longer than 2 hours at a time. I remember it took some time, but it finally started to work some. We actually ahd to put rice in his bottles (pumped) to help make it heavier on his stomach at 1 1/2 months. He just wasn't filling up on my milk alone. Most dr's don't agree with adding anything until they are at least 3 months, but I needed sleep, so I over-rode the Dr's. My parents did it with me and I survived, so I figured it wouldn't be too horrible. And boy oh boy did it help! I would sleep for 4-5 hours straight. That was so awesome to me! Ben really didn't start getting better until we put him on solids, but hey, anything's better than nothing in my opinion!

Hope this helps some.

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hi Tim,

So glad Gabi and baby Mateo seem to be doing fine...

I was pretty much on my own with my 1st since I was nursing...but Tiffany when she had Jack he was 4 weeks early and just over 4lbs...any first time baby is quite an adjustment and Tiff was having such a hard time..since Jack was so little he would nurse and get like 2 ozs and zzzzzzz be back to sleep then wake up an hour later and it was killing Tiff. When I went down to help her I suggested she pump some milk and skip a couple of feedings so se could sleep. Normally it is not a good idea because sometimes the baby gets confused between bottle or breast but we didnt have a choice...by Tiff skipping a couple of feedings which meant about a 4 hour rest she was much more able to get up, had more milk to feed him plus some left over to pump.

It is very common for newborns to be mixed up night with day...one thing I did with my own was nursed then right back to bed..I tried not to talk..ect..to them during the night.

It just takes time I remember being up in the middle of the night in tears nursing and watching animal planet knowing that I had to get up in 3 or 4 hours to take care of 7 kids all day long...dont know how I did it but me and the kids got thru it.

Another thing is when the kids were first born I had a bassinette right beside my bed so I could grab them as soon as they started fussing, once they got to be about 6 to 8 weeks then we put them in their bed in their own room with the monitor.

One more thing is my kids always loved lullabies so we always had a DVD player with childrens lullabies playing on low volume.

Things will line out it just takes time for each of you to get to know each other and your ways...

Hugs,

Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

Veteran_AS_Kicker
Veteran_AS_Kicker
A very belated congrats on your little one!

I am deaf!!! Finally dx'ed with AS after 10 years. Yes, that is my cat in the picture of me. Yes, he does look pizzed! He doesn't like being held!
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 35 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Welcome All New Members!
by Magician - 08/09/22 10:54 PM
Chamomile tea can reduce inflammation
by L33 - 07/26/22 11:20 PM
Best Gym Equipment to have
by L33 - 07/26/22 10:10 PM
Ankylosing Spondylitis is curable
by Sudhir - 07/24/22 07:34 AM
Let Us Know You Dropped In!
by Magician - 07/15/22 05:46 AM