Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#276365 10/29/07 01:28 PM
M
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
M
Is that on the London AS diet? It's listed as foods to avoid on one page and ok to eat to eat on another. PLEASE HELP....I love my cheese

It is what I call a "fringe food". Some can handle eating dairy and others can not. It is not do to the starch, but rather due to lactose or casein digestion issues I imagine.

Hard cheese tends to be better tolerated since it has been aged longer and thus has less lactose.

Cheese can really be binding though when wanting to use the restroom.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
I use to eat a lot of cheese, I think it was part of my problem.

I am gene-negative and my onset started at age 43.

If NDS does not work for you....

Maybe I have something more like DISH. The symptoms are much the same.

M
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
M
Thanks for the answers guys. I'm glad I found this forum. It's nice to know other people that have the same problems I do. This gives me hope. Thanks

New_Member
New_Member
Hey,
Thanks for the link. I had a quick read and it was very interesting. I ask almost any professional (that is in any way related to medicine or health or diet) that I meet if they have any reason to believe that diet can 'cause' arthritis. So far the answer is always something like, "I cant find any evidence that it does, some Dr in England did a study a long time ago but ...". It is good to see some health professional speaking about this sort of thing.

Shane

bubba #276370 10/30/07 02:08 AM
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Shane,
Maybe there is a little hope. When I saw the rheumy in Pittsburgh last week, I told him about NSD and showed him two of the Ebringer papers. He actually wrote down the citations for the papers and it sounded like he plans to read them. He also wrote down the link for kickas. He seemed to have an open mind about NSD, being neither convinced, nor dismissive. I'm interested to hear what he thinks after doing some reading.

Karen

I cannot make the universe obey me. I cannot make other people conform to my own whims and fancies. I cannot make even my own body obey me.

Thomas Merton

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.

Emily Dickinson

P
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
P
I am 100% its not the lactose with me, I have tried ghee which removes all of it and it butter there is trace in most brands anyway. Even culturelle probitics which have a low ppm of casein had an effect. I also have kefir & yogurt with goats milk without any issue at all. I just steer clear of cow dairy products. I also find its the calcium content in foods which slow the transit time.

Phil

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Has anyone who can't tolerate milk tried the lact-aid tablets which I'm assuming are some form of lactase, an enzyme which digests lactose. Isn't there also milk which is supposed to be lactose free?

I'm not a big milk drinker, but it would be nice to use it in cooking and ice cream now and them. I've been wondering if anyone who couldn't do milk found these products enabled them to eat milk.]

Karen

I cannot make the universe obey me. I cannot make other people conform to my own whims and fancies. I cannot make even my own body obey me.

Thomas Merton

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.

Emily Dickinson

Lactose free milk pops up here from time to time... if it is cow dairy, it typically is not lactose free, but instead they add the enzyme (lactase) to help and digest the lactose better.

You can search on the topic and should have several hits.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Iron_AS_Kicker
Iron_AS_Kicker
I can't tolerate dairy too well anymore due to the sugars. It feeds the fungus that then over-grow causing Candida. The toxins created by the fungus cause lots of joint and muscle pain throughout my body, especially my neck, shoulders, upper back, feet and calves. Its very different from the pain caused by the inflamation of the sacrum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)