Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Sverige Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Kaisa!

I'm ok I guess maybe a little better but I haven't been able to do a perfect NSD so far, for example a friend came over and insisted to make me dinner(haven't told him about my condition) so I had som rice and sauce with flour etc.
Then I have exams on monday and thursday so I figure I will start for real after those and just avoid the really starchy things until then. Also I've had a lot of mail contact with "dean" now and he is very helpful

You said you have som symptoms again, are you back on medication then or you don't need them?

C
New_Member
New_Member
C
Sverige,
I am now 32 and I started the diet about 7 years ago and from being a moderately severe case (walking with a stick for example) I am more or less symptom free and can cycle a couple of hundred kms every week.

I know exactly where you are coming from asking about whether you may be able to return to starch at a later date and also thinking about how strictly you should follow the diet, because those were exactly my thoughts when I started.

However, once I began to see results from the diet, it was so amazing to have my life back, that I just became stricter on the diet in an attempt to get rid of AS all together. (There was one difficult moment, when I realised that beer was the one trigger that I had not given up, but I gritted my teeth and haven't had a sip since!).

After a few years, I found that I just got used to living without starch and it stopped being a big deal (even not drinking beer!).

My advice to you would be to not worry about what may or may not happen in years to come, in terms of going back to a normal diet, but to give the diet every possible chance by being as stict as possible for the first several months. Also, try and listen to your body as much as possible, because everyone reacts differently to the diet and you have to find out what works for you (a food diary can be helpful in this respect).

Anyone, best of luck,
Charlie

K
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
K
Quote:

You said you have som symptoms again, are you back on medication then or you don't need them?

I used to be on methotrexate,oxiklorin,salazopyrin,cortisone and NSAIDs. They were of no help really, just got osteoporosis from taking cortisone for 7 months and stomach aches from everything else..
Now I'm only on salazopyrin (I believe it might be of some help, but can't really see great results from that either).
I avoid taking NSAIDs as I'd love my gut to get healthy.

If I have to go for some more medication, I think I'd go for
biologics. Hopefully I'll never have to.

Good that Dean is helping you. He's a really nice person, I've met him a couple of times. Next time I come to Sweden, we can have even bigger Kickas Party (3 people, wow!) if you
join us too!

S
Sverige Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Charlie!

Thank you for your reply and your wisdom!

I have now been on the NSD for a week and the two last days my pain has gone down from 4-5 to 2-3. I hope it is because of the diet!

Glad to hear that NSD works for you!!

S
Sverige Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Kaisa!

Well I'm glad to hear that you've cut down on your meds anyway!

I've been on NSD(maybe more like LSD) for about a week now and the last two days my pain has gone from 4-5 to 2-3, I hope it's because the diet! I've had a lot of mail correspondance with Andreas now and I've started to eat "renskav" and "kalvsylta" as he does. These are things that I have never eaten before but they are delicious!

Sure we can hang out when you come to Sweden, i live in Lund thogh, it's in the south pretty far from Stockholm!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 31 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Welcome All New Members!
by Magician - 08/09/22 10:54 PM
Chamomile tea can reduce inflammation
by L33 - 07/26/22 11:20 PM
Best Gym Equipment to have