Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
sherri Offline OP
Colonel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Hi Dean,
Well it's day 4 for me and I am kinda hungry. Usually I never have hunger pains even though I don't eat much. I have so far completely cut out bread, pasta and rice. I have always loved salad...through in some tuna or shrimp and lots of veggies. I always feed my kids chicken or pork chops etc so I will be eating alot of meat with a salad.
Thanks for the advice Andreas, I really appreciate it.

Sherri

Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Hi Sherri---so how many times a day are you eating? Before NSD I also didn't eat very much. I found pretty quickly that with the NSD it is very beneficial to eat lots of smaller meals. I try not to go without something every 2-3 hours. I know it sounds like a lot but it is fairly easy to get used to. Basically I feel like I am grazing! But it does work. I know if I don't do this and I end up hungry I will eat too much at a meal and then my stomach will tell me "I told you so!"

My favourite grazing is raisins, almonds, hazelnuts, mixed together with a little salt thrown in. I usually have a baggie of this in my purse so I can eat when I am out and about. It is great to have when the kids are eating at McDonald's!

Cheers,
Rita

James, 12, Adrian, 10, Elisabeth, 3, my babies!

sherri Offline OP
Colonel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Hi Rita,
I am trying to graze. Like you said it's just a matter of me remembering to have food around. In the past I was usually only eating once a day. Now I am changing that slowly of course. I am going to do the raisins, almonds etc like you do. I am having a tough time getting organized. I work 7 days a week and often feel like a chicken with my head cut off. I had to go back home to get food today after I dropped off the kids at school....I'm not used to having to feed myself.
Thank you so much for the support and advice...I really appreciate it.

Sherri

Raisons should be eaten with almonds or walnuts, I prefer walnuts... too many almonds and some react. Combining the sugar from raisons with fat and protein from the nuts is ideal for consistent energy.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
sherri Offline OP
Colonel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Hi Tim,
I have been snacking on raisins, crasins and almonds. Walnuts, for some reason, make my gums hurt. I could use all the energy I can get.

Sherri

C
New_Member
New_Member
C
Sherri,
I was like you on this board about 7 years ago - having no idea about what was going to happen to me, or how the diet would work for me and I just wanted to send you some words of support.

Within a couple of weeks I saw an amazing improvement in my pain levels on the diet and after about 4 years of honing the diet I managed to become completely AS free. I now haven't had an AS symptom for more than a year.

It is to my shame that I no longer post on this board as I know that people need support. But because of this diet, I no longer have AS, so my life has moved on. I will never be tempted back into experimenting with starch however.

Anyway, however this diet works out over the coming weeks, don't get disillusioned when you have a bad day and find out what works for you. It is obvious from reading everyone's experience on the diet that it is a very personal thing. I for example discovered that the final trigger that I was still using was beer! Yet other people can drink it no problem.

All the very best and hello to all the people who used to know me on this forum.
Charlie in Portugal

Good to see you post Charlie, many come and go, but we have your story to refer to. So I thank you that you added previously.

Are you still biking?

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Hey Sherri---try breaking the walnuts up into smaller pieces, or try pecans. I have recently decided that I like pecans better than walnuts. However, pecans are a little more expensive.

Cheers,
Rita

James, 12, Adrian, 10, Elisabeth, 3, my babies!

sherri Offline OP
Colonel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Thanks for your support Charlie, I have been doing alot of reading and figured it certainly couldn't hurt to try. I have been in so much pain. It's pretty exciting actually. Really great to hear that you are pain free....I couldn't even imagine.
Take care and I hope you stay pain free forever.

Sherri

sherri Offline OP
Colonel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Hi Rita,
It doesn't seem to matter how small they are. Even in baking, when they are in tiny pieces they itch or hurt my gums. I will try pecans, I have a feeling I like them better than walnuts too... I sure do like the almonds though.

Sherri

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 113 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM