Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#226013 04/16/06 04:55 AM
OhHenry Offline OP
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hi all,
I had total hip replacements back in the early eighties and that went real well. There is nothing wrong with the ball or joint except I also have osteoporosis. The osteo has cause my pelvis bone to deteriate and the plastic sockets are comming through the pelvis. My left hip hip has already broken loose and the joint is twisted in position. My general Doc made an appointment for me with a surgin but I had to put off to attend to my brothers death. Anyways, what I was woundering is anyone else has faced the problem of poor bone in pelvis and need of hip replacements? If they can't be done I would imagine a wheel chair is in my future. If you are in a wheel chair, how long should I expect for me to get used to moving around in it and such. My upper body stregth is nothing to crow about. I wounder how long it would take to develope the stregth needed to get around.
Another question I was thinking of is SSD. I would expect the loving and compationate government would see me going into a wheel chair as a change in my health and make me go through all the red tape for dispute of there idea of my health. If you where on SSD in the USA and then had to change to a wheel chair, did the SSD people put you through a bunch of trouble over your change in there health codes??
Well my new appointment is for next Tuesday and I will let you all know what the surgin thinks he can do for me.
Now is like the worst time for all this. My brother just died and we have taken his son into our home as the mother is in detox or longer. I really dont expect the mother to stay off the abuse of drugs but hold hope. So now I have my two boys and my brothers. I really dont want to be trying to heal from surgery and keep them having fun this summer. Oh boy. Tell me its going to work out I trust it will but its good to hear. I posted when I first found out about this but that was in general board so thought I would update it all here. Thank all.

AND SO IT GOES...
C
C
Hi John,

Sorry to hear about your brother. It takes a real man to step up and bring your brothers kids into your home and treat them as yours. I know you will be just fine and that things will work out for you with your surgery and everything else going on in your life right now. Hang in there.

John

Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Hey, alot going on their.
One day at a time and one problem at a time I always say. Not easy to do though. Sorry to hear about your brother. Those boys of his are lucky to have an uncle like you to love and raise them. Enjoy them they will only be young for a short time. Wheel chair isn't that hard to get used to. Been there twice in my lifetime. Lucky for me it was only a couple months at a time each. I looked at is as exercise, Yep, exercise for the upper body. You will strengthen quickly. As far as the hips go, I can't give any advice on them as my dilema is the knees. I know you can't give up. I'm going for a 3rd opinion and if that's not enough I'll go for a 4th and so on. There is someone out there to help you sometimes there're just hard to find. Good luck with the SSD I know they can be hard to deal with.
Cindy

" That which does not kill me only makes me stronger"

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 41 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis
by Missalicia - 05/25/22 05:38 AM
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM