Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hi,
I've had mine for a couple years and I do use it. It's not so much the walking into the store or out, but in small town America we don't always have someone to load groceries or whatever so I take that into consideration when I park. Also, if I don't need my cane, I don't use the handi-spot. If it makes life easier for you then it's worth asking
for it.
Peace,
Tiedye

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Rhumetologist will sign anything. He knows what a pain A.S. is. He already told the state to quit trying to force me to work while my lawyer is working on getting a hearing with Social security. My parking thing for the car will be signed on the next visit. :-)

Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Good to hear you are going to get the sticker. I figured I'ld post incase some one else was on the fence on this issue. I to kept wondering if I should get a sticker. I din't want to take a parking space from a little old lady that may "really" need it. On a visit to my doc he asked me why I didnt have one. I explained it and he suggested I try one at least. Well he knew what he was doing. I didn't realize until I got a sticker how much I had been avoiding going out. When I could start parking in the closer spots and wasnt wore out before even getting in the store I actually could shop! Also like another said not having to circle looking for the wide parking space so I could swing the door open wide made a big difference. There was also a pride part of me that didnt want to admit "defeet" in saying I was handycapped. I've learned to accept my limitaions and the help society is willing to offer in parking spaces, elevators etc It dosen't make condition worse to use the tools available but it dose make my situation worse if I refuse to use the tools available. Take the tag and rock on

AND SO IT GOES...
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
I agree, ask your Dr...

I have had mine for many years and am very grateful for it..

If your Dr. ok's it, it is not hard to get at all.

Lisa

Ninja_AS_Kicker
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Quote:

I got mine in 2000, when I only knew I had mild arthropathy in the lumbar, but the sciatica was making me limp so much, my doc signed the request without question. I don't use it all the time, only when I'm flaring...

I have had mine in 2002 after I was diagnosed with spondyloarthropathy. My doctor had no problem signing the form for me. The first time I had a temporary pass but the RTA renewed it for a permanent pass. At that time it was free, but now it costs $10 per year. I am unemployed and not entitled to unemployment benefits, so it really hurts to have to pay something like this. However, when I am in a flare and sometimes I can barely walk, it is useful to have that parking permit.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 41 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis
by Missalicia - 05/25/22 05:38 AM
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM
Popular Topics(Views)