Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
Hello and Good Afternoon Everyone!!!
Today is a better day.
I read some info here yesterday eveing and I decided to excercise a little...yep that means I wasn't exercising at all and my muscles has begun to ache like you may understand.
So, I read where many of you were major advocates of movement inspite of the pain...so you motivated me to do just that.
Just some stretches and today is a better day.
Amazing.
I better keep it up.
To be in one position for more than 15 minutes at a time is a no-no for me. Also, my ribs had begun to hurt this past week and it hurt no matter how I had laid on the bed, but after excersising yesterday evening, I was able to actually fall asleep without the Excedrin PM meds.
Thank you for the encouragement and for being there for each other.
Thank you for the kind welcome by all of you.

Hugs, Sunshine

J
Veteran_AS_Kicker
Veteran_AS_Kicker
J
Hi, Sunshine and welcome to the site. I was just officially diagnosed on Thursday but have been coming to this site for a few months now. Everyone is so supportive and understanding here. I can certainly attest to the need to exercise. I had been much like you for too long because quite frankly it hurt like crazy to do it. But for the last two weeks I have been meeting with sports therapist and he is teaching me a Core muscle strengthening program. It is kind of expensive but I have been able to submit it to my extended healthcare. It has been so worth it. It is a series of stretches and some fairly simple ab exercise that I am to do every day. It has made some difference not only to my pain levels but also to my mental health. I am going to start walking this week too. I am hoping that all of this will help keep the medications to a minumum.

I think that it has to get better. I know that it is difficult and scary and darn painful most days. I am hoping that it'll get to the point where you/I just sort of exist with this disease.

Take Care and if you want I can scan and email you the stretches and exercise for you to try out.
Jill

M
Warrior_AS_Kicker
Warrior_AS_Kicker
M
Welcome to KAS, glad to see you are already taking advice
from these great people and you are feeling a bit better
already, just knowing someone else knows what you are
experiencing seems to make you feel better.

Good luck.
Maxine

"Mike's Mom"
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
I always notice that sunshine makes me feel better. I mostly attribute it to the warmth on my aching back.

I do admit that in the past few years I haven't been eating as well and I haven't been out in the sun as much. I always get plenty of dairy so I should get enough vitamin D.

Sooo, I searched the internet a bit and I found this article to be the most informative, for and against the sun for those who are wondering like me.

Scientists Say Sunshine May Prevent Cancer

It focuses mostly on cancer but I found other sites where there were studies on Seasonal Affective Disorder, depression, arthritis and other autoimmune diseases.

I also found this website helpful.

Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Vitamin D

Sharon

Welcome to KA. I do like your username and I can't believe it hasn't been used before now. I have been known to use sunshine when I can though it's usually taken.

I guess my reason isn't as cheerful as yours. I started using it when I was having problems with my ex-husband and the "please don't take my sunshine away" song would always get into my head. LOL

I do love the sunshine though!

Again, welcome and I hope you will meet many friends here who understand what you are going through in ways that others can't.

Sharon

Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hi Sunshine,

great nick, guess everyone who has AS loves sunshine. My back feels much better when is warm outside. Spring is coming to our town these days, and after a cold and long winter sun is the best thing that I could wish for.

Hope you will find everything you need here.

best wishes
sanela

Warrior_AS_Kicker
Warrior_AS_Kicker
We love to have new people join our family and I'm sure you will enjoy our company as we will enjoy yours. Welcome to the best site on the WEB KickAS.

Scotty...

Last edited by Scotty; 04/03/06 06:52 PM.
H
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
H
Hi Kim

welcome to AS. You will find that this is a welcoming and open community and you will feel very cared for - people do respond as you can see. I love the sunshine - I am from the southern Hemisphere and now I am in Canada so I do miss the long summers sometimes. best of luck

Kylie

Love is the emblem of eternity:it confounds all notion of time: effaces all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end.
Germaine De Stael
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Sorry for the slow reply. WELCOME! This is an oasis for us all. Be sure to check out all the different forums. You'll find more research data around here than any arthritus page. Share the sunshine we all love it and share the rain we all keep an umbrella for our friends.

AND SO IT GOES...
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
I just wanted to say welcome..

Hope better days are ahead,

Lisa

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 41 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts