Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Maxine Offline OP
Magical_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Magical_AS_Kicker
I owe HUGE apologies to Kat and Macky as there were plans afoot to meet in Toronto just a couple of weeks back, but then (again) it seemed I disappeared.

My Mum who is back home (in England) has only a few weeks left... the breast cancer that she survived back in 1998 has roared it's ugly head between her ribs and lung in her back... nothing can be done.

There are good days... bad days. Of course, it's harder with her being 4000 miles away, but you can only do what you can. Her Doctors can't give us any idea of the time involved... all we know for sure, is that Mum is on full-time oxygen (because of the placement of the tumour) and... they won't do any treatment.

We are at that point, when I would just like to ask any of my friends out there who are spiritual, to please include my lovely Mum... Lillian Rose Sorrill in their thoughts.

My Mother is the strongest person I know. When I lost my daughter, when my son was diagnosed with Cancer... two failed marriages... my Mother was the one giving me strength. It's odd... I've lived in Canada 20 years.. with my Mum in England all that time... but the thought of living without her is absolutely unbearable. Yet.. in reality, I can't bear her being in pain. When my daughter died, I had to give permission for the life support to be terminated. Oddly.. with my Mum.... she has no choice... it's like she has to watch while someone she doesn't know, turns off hers.

(Sorry about that... it just helps to write it out and send it into the universe.. don't know why)

Love to you all.

Maxine

May the roof above us never fall in, and the many friends gathered below it never fall out.
Hi Maxine

I am so sorry to hear this sad news about your Mum. I am at a loss for words and I don't know the right thing to say. Everything I keep typing then erasing seems so inadequate.

Just please know that I am thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

Chelsea

Chelsea smile

[Linked Image]
C
C
Hey Maxine

Sorry to hear about your mother. I'm not one for getting down on my knees and praying but if it would help I can call some that would do that for me.
Hang in there little lady we still love you. Give me a call some time and we can talk again.

L
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
L
Sorry to hear your news Maxine-

I will keep her in my thoughts, can you go see her???

Peace, hang in there-
Linc

Hi Maxine,

Sorry to hear the news.. prayers of strength and courage to you and mom in this time.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Hi Maxine: You and your mom are in my thoughts. I ring my Tibetan prayer bells and send good vibrations into the universe...Tom

Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
I'm sorry to hear that your mom isn't doing to well and can feel your pain...she will be in our prayers...thoughts.......lots oflove/faith..take care/b/well 's

A
New_Member
New_Member
A

Hi Maxine,

Sorry to hear such sad news, I shall surely keep Lillian and family in my prayers.

Annie x

D
Daz Offline
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
Thinking about you Maxine and hoping you get through this dreadful time. You have been through a lot of heartache in your life, I hope you find further strength to get through it.

Daz

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Oh Maxine, I'm so sorry to hear that your mum's condition has worsened to this degree. By all means, I'm sending white light and love her way. And to you, Max.

It is so heartbreaking to watch someone we love die. But when that person is so far away, and you can't do anything to help, it's unbearable. For what it's worth, hon, I'm sure she knows you're with her in love and spirit.

Many warm hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!