Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#209552 10/12/05 06:07 AM
S
sundar Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
S
Hi All AS KICKERS!!!
About myself - I am 24 years old and work in T-Mobile in Seattle washington. i was diagnosed with AS when i was 19 years old after 1 year of pain in ankle and right trochanter(hip). I was in remission for 3 years until last year when i started having pain in the back, right and left HIP/BUTTOCK and feet. I had a horrible time. I was better end of last year to middle this year with minor pains. I ate a lot of junk food(starchy) this year and had horrible pains 2 months back( hip pain, ankle, feet, chest pain) I felt horrible.

I accidentaly stepped on this site 1.5 months back. I am a very dertermined fellow. I used to smoke..i stopped when diagnosed with AS...reduced drinking too. I had trouble following NSD becoz i had trouble finding out what was starchy and what was not...Indian as i am..all our food was starchy...took heavy determination and for the past 2-3 weeks i have been totally NSD ..started with 3 day PEARS/GRAPES/JUICE fast. I eat marinated chicken/fish/beef eggs/salad juices. GRAPEFRUIT JUICE is good for us. The past 2 weeks iam in total remission. 1st the pain in my chest(sternum) and hip reduced then i stopped having pain in my feet (the most painful)...made me stop wearing shoes to office....

No i am KICKING AS IN THE "[**BLEEP**]"..sorry for the lingo....

well the pain is down..i am able to dance(ilove to dance)..we can do this people...food is the key...
"OUR BODY IS A TEMPLE..WE CANNOT LITTER IT"....'jamba juice' i love this one....

believe me we can do this...

Sundar Velayutham
T-Mobile USA
817 368 4815

C
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
C
Congratulations!
It's great to see people have some improvements from NSD.
It really gives me momentum to keep going.
Charlie

P
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
P
Hi Sundar,

Welcome to KA, and to the NSD forum. It's good to have you join us.

I'm just wondering how your pears/grapes/juice fast went? Did it seem to make a difference? I sometimes try the apple fast -- but I have a tough time making it all the way through because, frankly, apples are not even close to being my favorite fruit. I think pears and grapes would be much easier for me. Perhaps they wouldn't have quite the cleaning/brushing effect that apples have, but I can't help but think that it would still be a great way to starve the Kleb and have a fresh start on the NSD.

Paula

Meanwhile I live and move and I am glad, enjoy this life and all its interweaving. Each given day, as I take up the thread, let love suggest my mode,my mood of living. (Fred Kaan, 1975)
S
sundar Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
S
I did not eat apples because the apples were starchy!!
the grapes and pears were a nice substitute...
Well the thing is the fast helped me a lot..after those three days ther ewas a 60% reduction in pain and after one week around 90% reduction in pain.

One day before the fast i had acute pain in my chest, feet and right hip!!!
Now i feel like i could JOG a mile
thanks
all..

S
sundar Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
S
Hello people....
these days i am able to go painfree and i get a flare exactly at one place on my feet if i eat something wrong...
then 2 days i don eat that and i am painfree again...
dark chocolates seem to be fine!!! so do curd marinated chicken, shrimps and other meat is fine toooo....
sundar

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
>> these days i am able to go painfree and i get a flare exactly at one place on my feet if i
>> eat something wrong... then 2 days i don eat that and i am painfree again...

Good to see you experimenting with the diet. This was my typical pain response to eating wheat: I can feel some increase in pain after roughly 3 to 4 hours. The pain keeps increasing, and then reaches its peak about 24 hours later. Pain gradually dissipates over the next 2 or 3 days.

After being on the diet a while my gut wall and flora seem to have improved to the point that I now typically heal withing 12 to 48 hours.

Once I was virtually pain free, that would give me the opportunity to test out one food every day (eg: eat lots of pumpkin in one day) and write down the observations in an index. If I add two new foods to the diet in one day then this spoils the results as I can not figure out for certain which food I reacted to -- and I want to be absolutely certain.

The problem foods do vary slightly from person to person, however we still share far far more in common than not.

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
S
sundar Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
S
Yes,
Like i marinated some chicken with yogurt and ate some chocolate. I dont know which one caused a little stiffness and pain in me that day. Now i am going to follow your idea and just addone thing a day in my diet. I think i can eat okra cooked in olive oil right...is it good to heal the gut. what else do u think is good to heal my gut...i drink juices all day long..i drink apple, grape and peach juice...i avoid orange.... any other suggestions to get the gut healing and the time it my take to heal ?

sundar

S
sundar Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
S
I think i ate something a few days agao which has caused the pain and inflammation in my feet. Its taking a long time to subside. Please let me know what exactly i need to do to heal my gut so that i can be more resistant to starches. Generally how long does it take to heal the gut?
Sundar

I take probiotics and L-glutamine to heal my GI tract. Have been working at for 1/2 yr now and it is a slow process. I have been able to add back some foods.

Probiotics I take
Natrens Healthy Trinity
Enzymatic Therapy

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM