Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#189666 03/23/05 06:21 AM
A
alicia Offline OP
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
A
Hi!
does anyone know when bromelain should be taken, e.g. morning, afternoon or night, or before, during or after meals, etc. and how much should be taken?
thanks!
alicia

...i've got opium in my chimney, no other life to choose, nightmare made of hashdreams, got the devil in my shoes. tell me, tell me, what have i done wrong, ain't nothing go right with me, must be i've been smoking too long...
alicia #189667 03/23/05 04:36 PM
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hi Alicia, I googled Bromelain and this is what I found. It's a very interesting article.

Bromelain

I used to take an herbal anti-inflamatory in which two of the active ingredients were circumin and bromelain (used to enhance the factors of the circumin). Now, I eat fresh pineapple about 4 days a week and I always feel somewhat better afterward.

Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

alicia #189668 03/24/05 02:06 AM
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
there is a thread titled 'bromelain' in the alternatives forum, so check there (if you haven't already ..)

>> does anyone know when bromelain should be taken, e.g. morning, afternoon or night, or before,
>> during or after meals, etc. and how much should be taken?

anytime is fine. The stuff I read said that if you want it's anti-inflammatory effect then you should not take it within 60 minutes of a meal. My experience was it didn't matter when I took it. Take it with some fruit and it should work fine.

A long time ago I had tried some digestive enzymes due to some pubmed info that I had read. The enzymes had provided wonderful relief for me. It took ages for me to realise that it was the small amount of bromelain in this product that had provided the anti-inflammatory effect.

The problem with bromelain is this: ... it is unreliable. It works great for the first 2 or 3 weeks and then after that I had to give it a rest for a while before it would work again. Also enzymes are fragile, so try and find a product with a due date that is far in the future .. eg 9 months. If the manufacturer processes the product in the wrong way you could end up with a 'dead' enzyme which is useless.

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
zark #189669 03/24/05 10:35 PM
A
alicia Offline OP
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
A
thanks kat and zark, so much! hope my batch isn't too old...
best wishes
alicia

...i've got opium in my chimney, no other life to choose, nightmare made of hashdreams, got the devil in my shoes. tell me, tell me, what have i done wrong, ain't nothing go right with me, must be i've been smoking too long...
alicia #189670 04/01/05 05:31 PM
G
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
G
Good Morning,
zark and inanna would know more from experience. I'm new to understanding what's in my food. But found this:

Health Benefits
A Digestive Aid and A Natural Anti-Inflammatory
Fresh pineapple is rich in bromelain, a group of sulfur-containing proteolytic (protein-digesting) enzymes that not only aid digestion, but can effectively reduce inflammation and swelling, and has even been used experimentally as an anti-cancer agent. A variety of inflammatory agents are inhibited by the action of bromelain. In clinical human trials, bromelain has demonstrated signifcant anti-inflammatory effects, reducing swelling in inflammatory conditions such as acute sinusitis, sore throat, arthritis and gout, and speeding recovery from injuries and surgery. To maximize bromelain’s anti-inflammatory effects, pineapple should be eaten alone between meals or its enzymes will be used up digesting food.

on here: Check for Foods A-Z, click pineapple

Who know's ?! Sure is good with chicken tho !!!

gypsy #189671 04/01/05 09:35 PM
A
alicia Offline OP
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
A
hey thanks very much gypsy! Thats really interesting. hehehe im finding all this vitamin and mineral stuff so fascinating at the moment.

best wishes
alicia

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 36 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,367,361 hmmm
1,323,044 OMG!!!!
711,701 PARTY TIME!