Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 27 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 26 27
M
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
M
I know an elderly couple (one a former police inspector) and they make a tea for blood pressure. Neither can smoke due to problems with their lungs.

Diamond_AS_Kicker
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Quote:

in the reading, it said probably better to ingest some other way than smoking because (like with cigarettes) the smoke is unhealthy......that's just what i read.

sue

hmmm.. my homeopathist friend says I should eat weed..... making me think but I'm not a smoker of any kind and not sure about anything in that department.. never have gone there & not sure I wanna!

~ Trudi: homeschooling mom to 6: 16,14,11,9,7, 6 mos

Ninja_AS_Kicker
Ninja_AS_Kicker
I have to say, it makes my life better in every way.

mig #122691 04/07/09 01:49 PM
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
I recently wrote to Obama and my senators about this. Never heard back from them, big surprise. I'd love for our state to become the next, as I've said our house passed it and it's now up to the senate. I hope they do something soon.

my photos http://www.pbase.com/gardengirl13 avatar is the tattoo I got shortly after getting my AS diagnosis, it says "to be in good health"
ironchef
ironchef
bump...from the past

Inanna #415940 10/14/10 11:10 PM
Royal_AS_kicker
Royal_AS_kicker
I have read that pulmonary fibrosis is a possible complication of AS, so it seems counter-intuitive to smoke anything. Is there any other way to ingest it safely, and still do the little bit at a time method? Does anyone know?

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

Inanna Offline OP
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Hi Erika, the quick answer is, yes there is. grin

The long answer is:

You can eat it, which can be more effective and doesn't give you the head rush (mainly beccaue you aren't asphyxiating yourself). Nature squares and rice crispie squares are very good, as are s'mores.

You can buy (or make, depending on the legalities where you are) a salve that is phenomenally effective. The one I have kills pain in 5 minutes flat. It lasts almost 2 hours, but that's long enough to get you through the moment, doing what you need to do and often I don't have to reapply. There is no high associated with this.

Or, you can buy a vaporizer, which bakes it rather than burning it. You aren't inhaling the smoke at that point, just the vapours, which aren't as toxic. The high is similar to edibles, mainly because, again, you aren't asphyxiating yourself.

You can, in places where medicinal MJ is legal, often buy pills or tinctures. I've never tried these, so can't say whether they give you a head buzz. I've heard, however, that the pills aren't quite as effective. Again, I can't speak to that.

It is one of the best pain killers out there and depending which strain you get, is an awesome muscle relaxant and sleep inducer as well. Indica is the muscle relaxant/anti-inflammatory/sleep inducer. It can also depress the mood a little, unfortunately. Sativa is more positive in nature, good pain killer. Usually, anything you buy will be a blend of the two, often a 50/50 or 75/25, but you can also get 60/40 and 80/20. The type you buy will depend on what you need to achieve. If you want an equal mix of pain killer and muscle relaxant, but don't want your mood to dip, then a 50/50 would be good. Or a 60% Sativa/40% Indica.

Hope that helps.

Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Inanna Offline OP
OP Offline
The Toronto Star had an article on Medicinal MJ yesterday that I thought I would post here. Erika's last post makes it especially germaine.

Treat Marijuana as you would any other drug

One thing to bear in mind along with the exceptionally good health warnings they make is that they are talking about heavy users, people who are doing 3 or more joints a day. Now a joint is subjective, for one thing. Some people roll litttle weeney ones, others roll cannons. I don't suggest rolling cannons. Also, if you are using it correctly, a few puffs to get rolling and then maintaining, you won't be using that many joints a day. If you use a pipe, you can keep the amount reduced as well. But taking it internally or in pill/tincture/salve form would be the healthiest way.

This is not stuff to be played with. If you wouldn't drive on oxycontin or even Tylenol 3s, you probably shouldn't on MJ either. That kind of thing.

Love and hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Sergeant_AS_Kicker
I live in Texas. I'm sure it will never be legal here; not during my lifetime. I envy those of you in MJ friendly states/countries. Several people who care about me (and know what kind of pain I'm in) have offered to get some for me, but I just can't risk losing my rheumy over it (blood tests every other month).

I wish it was legal here to buy it, grow it, ingest it, smoke it, whatever. To all of you who CAN, have one for me, okay?

Puff, puff, pass...

~ Holly
J
jet
Unregistered
jet
Unregistered
J
combustion is old school. http://www.australianvaporizers.com.au/

"virtually no exposure to harmful combustion products using the vaporizing device" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporizer_(cannabis)

Page 18 of 27 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 26 27

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)