Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 27 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Really interested in this. I have been looking into trying it. My dad gave me enough for one joint to try but it was old, stale and not potent. It was my first experience with pot at the ripe old age of 31! My parents were/are quite the hippies and smoked all the time, now they don't do so much any more. But their drug talk to me as a kid was if you want to try pot come to us. The stuff out there may be laced with other stuff, so we don't want you to get hurt. Yup I rebelled the other way and never did it!

Well Christmas last year my pain was bothering me so I tried it. It really helped! I relaxed, my muscles relaxed and my back pain was tolerable. I want to try something fresher but have no clue how to get it. My husband is getting so upset with the lack of results from all my medications he wants me to smoke. He said it's just one more thing to try. I tend to agree. We both wish we lived in a state that allowed it, but we don't. Our state has decriminalized it, but I still don't know where to get it. I'm so afraid of buying my first bit of pot from some nark!

I hate to say it but I'm so desperate for pain relief I'm willing to buy illegal drugs. When will the US learn?!

my photos http://www.pbase.com/gardengirl13 avatar is the tattoo I got shortly after getting my AS diagnosis, it says "to be in good health"
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Raquel I read online that for someone who has never tried pot eating it is the worst thing to do! They say that it doesn't mix well and can have a large amount of it in only one brownie. Check out some medical marijuana sites, they have interesting ideas and some have forums that tell you how to do it your first time.

my photos http://www.pbase.com/gardengirl13 avatar is the tattoo I got shortly after getting my AS diagnosis, it says "to be in good health"
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
I've been doing more research about this and found out yesterday that my state assembly voted for medical marijuana for our state last year and this year!! Good news. Bad news is the senate won't vote on it! So I did something "scary" and e-mailed the majority leader and told him to vote on it to help people in need. I told him I didn't want to have to do something illegal to get relief from my disease. If our state is this close we may be #13 to allow medical marijuana! I really hope so! I know so many people who could really benefit from this!

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
I think you are better off getting the active ingredients from a prescription. Otherwise you don't know how much you are getting (quality, quantity) , and smoking anything is not good for your lungs.

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Today I joined a cannabis compassion club.

There aren't many of these around.. mostly in big cities. But lucky enough, there's on in my town.

All I had to do was get a note from my doc saying I have chronic pain... and lo-and-behold, I have access to inexpensive, high quality herbal medicine. They also offer a tincture of extract that you can put under your tongue. I think i'll take advantage of that because I don't like the idea of smoking.

Though I used to be into it a lot, I've barely smoked at all for years now. But I'm going to give the stuff another try. If I can get the right strain I'm sure it'll help me out.

Look on the internet... if there's one of these near you, check it out.

Colin

"Only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation, can that which is indestructible be found in us."

Unknown
C
New_Member
New_Member
C
There is no doubt in my mind that it should be totally legal. We could sure benefit from the pain relief!

Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
There's nothing like that in my state. My husband wants to move to VT where it's legal to smoke medical marijuana. He's so upset that nothing else works. He wants me to try it just to see if it'll help.

C
New_Member
New_Member
C
When there is something out there like MJ that could be so beneficial to so many of us, and a great help to ease our pain and improve our quality of life, its just so wrong that we are told that we cannot use it. They shouldn't be allowed to meddle in our health issues and decide whats right for us.

Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
(please I mean no offense with this post)

What really makes me mad is they'll have no problem giving me OxyContin, fentynal patches, morphine or anything like them, but tell them you'd like to smoke a bit of weed and they go through the roof!

yeah 'cause weed is soooooo much worse then legal heroin.

No one has even died from marijuana, I know LOTS of people who got hooked on opiates, one almost died, he went into cardiac arrest and stopped breathing, luckily he's fine now. He started taking it legally for pain and then started abusing it due to other factors in his life. Sure that's not what most people who really need them for pain do, but it can happen. I read that you'd have to smoke 5 or more joints a day for 100 years to have a 1 in 5 chance (CHANCE) of getting lung cancer. Sure if you're predisposed or smoke cigarettes or live where lung cancer is more prevelant that risk is upped. But for normal small time users it's not as bad as big brother would like you to think.

I know lots of people who have other issues, not pain, that really benefit from smoking. One has anger issues and lots of stress, 3 hits when she gets home from work and she's mellow all through the next day even. One has severe puking up her stomach migraines which since she smokes a joint in the evening never happens anymore. Another who just uses to get high, but unlike drunks at the bar these people use responsibly. They are very careful. They respect what they are doing and respect others. Of course it can be abused. Anything can be abused! Heck how many people do you know who has to have that cup of coffee every morning or they are very angry. I read that pot is less addictive then caffiene, less addictive then everything legal but chocolate. What is so wrong with it?

I also read that medical marijuana has netted the state of california $100,000 a year in tax money. It would net even more if more people bought it legally instead of growing their own, or buying on the black market. The state I'm in will be $6 billion over budget in a couple years! Imagine how much it'll help if they sell it and tax it like cigarettes. At pack of cigarettes is soemthing like $3 in taxes alone! Plus getting it off the black market will help a bit with the violence in dealing with drug dealers. I read that 70-80% of our criminals in jail are on drug charges. And something like 60% of those are for pot! Something that is just wrong to me. I can see wanting to put the meth dealers away, but selling pot? Come on. it's so benign.

sorry for the rant. In my research I've just been reading so much.

Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
preach it sister... shout it from the rooftops! I totally agree.

"Only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation, can that which is indestructible be found in us."

Unknown
Page 12 of 27 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 64 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM