Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 27 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 26 27
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Pain relief from MJ is not just in our heads.
Like many others, I thought the pain relief I felt from MJ was simply a byproduct of the relaxing effects of MJ but medical research is showing that THC and CB1 (components of MJ) are actually effective treatment for inflamation and pain. I read these medical papers and my jaw droped to the floor! I had no idea this research had bin done. You may find these Med. research papers interesting. It is a compleatly legal web page dedicated to the professional medical reasearch done on the effects of MJ as a medicine. There is a special section on pain and inflamation and how MJ has shown to be an effective pain and inflamation treatment in labratory test. Many of the findings are supported by recreating the same tests in seperate studies. Many interesting reads for persons interested in the medical use of MJ.
http://www.thecompassionclub.org/library/modern.html#pain
I'm not sure I posted that to work as a link but if you copy and past the above line in your web address section of browser it should work.

AND SO IT GOES...
Inanna Offline OP
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hi there, I know the truth of what you say, but every so often I get proof positive in my own reactions to it. Last week, after spending all day looking after Brian and taking him to hospital, my thoracics were so tight I couldn't take a deep breath. Five or six puffs from my pipe had me breathing deeply again. Muscles relaxed, pain level lowered.

The proof is, as they say, in the pudding. Or chocolate.

Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the immortal words of Larry "Pinto" Kroger......."I won't go schizoid will I?"

#122581 07/06/05 11:59 AM
ironchef
ironchef
yo, turtle blues,

pot wont make you psycho, but those steroids will...new motto: paunch not muscles.
nature intended us to be shaped like peaches with legs...mmmmmm...munchies...good...i want a cookie.
Kat you should be smoking more...transcendence is just over that 'muscles relased, breathing easier' threshold.

you too can glow in the dark.

why should everything we take for AS be nasty, horrible, unpleasant, nauseous or toxic?

best
aB

ironchef
ironchef
O Henry,

this is america...can't ya just move to canada? what's this application thing; they have applications?
seriously, ask the indians, we just go where we want to....don't need no stinking 'permission'.

i do speak some french, read it better...at least i could fill out the form.
north mexico...cold, snow, no sun, winter long, cold, eh? no texican just some french...and a sociabelist gumment.

best
aB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right on Dude!

Gold AS Kicker
Gold AS Kicker
Great topic...too bad we aren't the rulers of the world!

I was diagnosed in '78...on my doctor's (also a personal friend) and my, surgeons suggestion I started using pot. Aside from a couple experiments with NSAID's, it was the only "medication" for AS I used until I stopped all drugs a couple years ago. Imagine the money I saved, not to mention the added damage I would have had using the killer drugs the medicos prescribe.

I am sooo sick of being under the thumb of politics when my health is at stake!

Pete

[color:"green"] "Maybe the problems of two people don't amount to a hill of beans But this is our hill. And these are our beans!"[/color]

- Lt. Frank Drebin

Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
I quit smoking to keep my family out of this issue. It wasn't until I quit that I even realized I had this blasted disease. If it were legal, I would smoke.

There is a website dedicated to the reform of marijuana laws in this country. The link that follows will take you there. The only way to change the laws is to take a stand.

NORML

~Chelle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
I too would smoke it - IF it were legal. I agree that something needs to be done. It's laughable that at 21 (or younger in some areas) you can blow your mind with alcohol, and at 19 you're given license to kill yourself with cigarettes, but you can't use marijuana - even for a medical condition in the United States. I don't think it should be legalized and sold in smoke shops and branded by Philip Morris, but for those who suffer chronic pain, or have glaucoma, it should be legal, no question about it!

Mike

Michael Hunter inhisgrip4life@msn.com God chooses what we go through; We choose how we go through it. 1 Peter 4:12-13
New_Member
New_Member
Hi All I have been hearing about Medicinal Marajuana for some time , but does it really help with pain as I am in extreme pain most days even though I am injesting a multitude of drugs daily,I am at my wits end like I now have had two falls now and had to call Paramedics to pick me up, I have tried Infliximib with litttle to no results and now they are going to try me on ENBREL but that wont be for another two months , so I need something to help with the next two months or I may not make it.

I have only heard of this M M on this site and dont really know if it is available or legal in Australia.

Thanks

Chris

:Such is Life", last words of Legendary Bush Ranger Ned Kelly just before they hung him
Page 7 of 27 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 26 27

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM