Hey everyone, I haven't been on here in years. Luckily I have competley put my AS into remmsion with diet and lifestyle. I got my life back, got married and am kind of starting my life over at the age of 33. AS ripped my mid twenties away from me.

Anyway to get to the point, I want to follow my dream of becoming a firefighter. To do that I must get EMT certified, and to do that I have to get vaccines. This scares me because even though I'm in remission, I fear putting things in my body that may wake up my immune system in a negative way.

So my question is, what are your experiences with vaccines and AS symptoms? I did a little research online and found some studies regarding autoimmune patients and vaccines. But all of them were talking about the effect that steroidal drugs may have. I don't take anything, and I'm symptom free, but as we all know the AS bug is always lurking.

I know everyone is different and reacts differently to every situation, so I'm not looking for a open and close case. Just wanted to get some thoughts and opinions from my fellow friends who know all to well the struggles of having AS! Much love!
Jason.