HI and congratulations on your new little one - you too, Trudi!....

Just putting my hand up as yet another poor milk-cow... frown

Don't know how much was due to underlying AI issues but it certainly wasn't helped by having a baby who was disinterested in feeding from the get-go. He was not a lot more interested in comp feeding or indeed solid food - now aged 17 and still has no real interest in food.

I tried everything to get my supply up - regular expressing, including setting an alarm and getting up in the middle of the cold dark night, took Maxolon and made goat's rue tea - luckily I have a big herb garden - both medicinal and decorative and just happened to have a healthy crop of it - tasted foul and nothing seemed to help pep up the supply.... wondered if I would have done better with a HUNGRY BABY.....???

Baby #2 was born at 33 weeks, so again I started with a baby who was not a strong sucker. I expressed religiously, she was eventually a slow and patient feeder, but not one of those piranhas that some of my friends had. Again I had to comp her from the early days and give up on the dwindling supply when she was 4 months (corrected age).

Certainly no lack of committment on my part - very disappointed...

My mother also struggled maintaing an adequate supply for all her 3 babies, as did my sister, yet we were all psychologically 110% committed to BF.

At the end of the day, you can only do what you can do and know that you gave your baby the best start that you could.
hugss

Louise

Happy to be a physio by day, not happy to be a Spondy 24/7! wink3