Originally Posted By: EricaK
Originally Posted By: Sue22
thanks erica! smile i'm laden down with books, computer, breakfast/lunch/dinner, a purse, umbrella, jacket, etc

I take a big rolling pack everywhere. Eagle Creek has the best in my opinion. Not that I'm nagging. doh

Go TEAM! clap

i thought that would be the perfect solution! but, that's how i tore my bicep tendon! it was really scary, i couldn't move it at all without excruciating pain. it was one of those tendon tears that i worried would take a year or more to heal as it was as painful as some of those but i just iced it round the clock for several days and thank GOD it healed. after that, no carts for me! now i try to carry the heavier things up against the front of my body, arms close to my body. light things over my shoulder, healthy back bag for a purse. do the best i can. wish i could pull a rolling pack or cart, that would solve some of the problems. like the carrying issues. but then of course what does one do on the days the feet, knees, hamstrings, SI, etc act up. really everyone at the university complains about parking, it is a HUGE issue, not just for handicapped, but for everyone! they need to solve it, its one of the big reasons alumni state for why they don't want to give back to the university once they leave. housing is another. its funny how you can make people very happy with little gestures and how readily you can [*bleep*] them off by the little day to day things. our university has not grasped this concept yet. a lot of universities haven't, but some have, and they have much better alumni giving. but we keep trying to educate them (the university) anyway; good thing the students are smarter and easier to educate than that!

PS i just had an idea: we should invent a battery powered self propelled rolling cart/pack, like those self propelled lawn mowers. then it could follow us like a small pet! woof

Last edited by Sue22; 10/22/10 08:31 PM. Reason: had an idea! ha!

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)