Originally Posted By: LATH

Well, now that you mention it buggie, that made me a little misty too...and happy. I was in exceptional shape at that time...riding my bike like a animal...walking new cross country routes in the high sierras over incredible passes...I'm just glad I did that stuff. I was just having fun!

me too! i didn't own a car during college or grad school so i walked and biked everywhere and had a great time doing it! i ran and swam and played tennis too! it was so great to be so active!

hubby and i did lots of hiking around as well. we loved vacations in the mountains or at the beach. and we'd walk and walk and explore like crazy. we also rented bikes at the national seashore on cape cod. we were going to rent bikes and ride down the mountain in maui at sunrise, but chose to sleep in instead. but we did explore every nook and cranny on the road to hana, the trip (by car) took us like 10 hours, we stopped and explored so much. it could have taken longer, but we speeded up the end so we could get to the inn before they closed their doors for the night.

i too am so glad i did all of this when i could.

we have a lot of natural areas up here and still take walks when we can, but its not always a given. maybe that's why i appreciate it all the more when i can.

but the 80s, in my 20s, they were some good times! and i love my music from back then as well. smile

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)