If you are poor in the United States and don't have health care insurance, there are assistance programs. There is Medicaid. There is S-CHIP programs for children. There is WIC for Women, Infants, and Children to make sure they eat. There are food stamps. There are more programs that I'm sure I don't know about. I don't know what the qualifying criteria is and what the constraints of those programs are, but they exist for those without economic means.

I am an individual with an autoimmune disease/chronic illness and I don't have health insurance. I wasn't able to get it due to my pre-existing conditions. I'm not thrilled by this, but I can get health care. I just have to pay for it (what a concept). I go to the county health clinic for blood work. I pay out of pocket for any doctor appointments. I pay out of pocket for medications. I invoke dietary measures to help me manage my pain levels (and hopefully the progress of my disease). I rely on medication like LDN that is cost effective and provides enough benefit to make it worth taking. I'm not advocating that this approach should be accepted in lieu of, what may defined as, a more structured approach to treating/managing adverse health conditions. However, barring any trauma/emergency events, I don't have many complaints.

Bottom line is that I know of many doctors who provide health care without health insurance.

Kind Regards,
Jay

Almost all of us long for peace and freedom; but very few of us have much enthusiasm for the thoughts, feelings, and actions that make for peace and freedom. - Aldous Huxley

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. - Thomas Jefferson