Hi All,

Just wanted to save some recipes from posts. My hard drive is not a safe place.Hope you don't mind that i did not document sources.

ike

Grilled Veggies

You may grill any veggie you like. Cut about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick. They may be grilled plain - which gives a stronger, sweeter flavor or brush with
a Italian dressing, flavored vinegar, olive oil, liquid aminos or soy sauce if you can use.
The veggies may be sprinkled with sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, ginger, lemon juice or any spice you wish to try. Some veggies take longer to cook than others. I start with 3 min. and add 2 more each time I check. ( If I think they are not soft enough. The ones with the most water content take about 3 min. After removing from the grill I put in a covered dish, to set while the rest cook. I cook for 4.
You may put very thin sliced garlic and/or onions and/or mushrooms on top of meat. It takes 3 or 4 min extra to cook.
If you want the veggie to have flavor from the meat place it on bottom half of grill and meat on top. The juices will run and lightly flavor the veggies.
I cook all kinds of squash, carrots, peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms, green beans (strung and whole), egg plant - no need to soak in water- just sprinkle on seasoning and grill (very good with all kinds of seasonings) also may put spaghatti sauce or cheese on when grilled.
Asparagus - whole, tomato sliced (brush with oil first - they stick)
Broccoli - stalks sliced long ways - good with almond slices toasted.

If you do not like veggies - try grinding up a 2 carrots and a zucchini and cook for about 20 min extra. It thickens the sauce and you do not taste the veggies.

Fruits may be grilled also. ginger is one good spice a little butter brushed on after a couple minutes of grilling.
Apple, pineapple, peach, pear are also good grilled .

Taco Seasoning

Mix together 3 T chili powder, 1T salt, 1T garlic powder, 1.5 tsp black pepper, 3/4 tsp red pepper. Brown and drain your ground beef, add about 1 T of this mixture (more or less to your liking) with 1/4 cup water and let simmer.
I mix quite a bit up and keep in a airtight container

Fajita Marinade

For fajitas I use 1 cup of Italian Dressing, 1 cup of salsa and 1 TBS lime juce and 1 TBS Worcestershire's. I slice my meat up toss it in a ziploc bag with the ingredients from above. Refrigerate over night. Just turn the baggie over everytime you open the fridge. Then cook your meat as you would without the marinade.

Thanks for the tip about the lime juice. The fajitas (can be either beef, chicken or turkey) will have the meat, onion, red & green pepper slices wrapped in a lettuce leaf.
We used green leaf lettuce for the tacos and it wrapped very nicely. The lettuce didn't fall apart like soft or hard shells do, so I was pretty excited about that aspect too

Jello

I make my own jello.

1 pk gelatin for each cup of water
add extract to taste (I like strawberry)
sweeten to taste