A quick update on the sunchoke experiment:

I had a very decent harvest this year so I've been eating them a few times a week. Happy to report that they continue to be totally reaction free!

I mostly roast mine in olive oil so they get nice and crispy, which has the same effect as frying. I also cook them from raw into a soup. Also happy to report that I have yet to see a difference in reaction based on preparation - both have been entirely tolerable.

One more thing: my sleep has really improved since I started eating them. I cant be sure it's related but it's been the only change to my diet/supplement routine. I fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer, which is a relief after a months long stretch of terrible sleep.
Suspected USpA. HLA B27, xray, u/sound, blood tests all -ve. Ancient history of plantar fasciitis, SI joint pain, knee arthritis. Recent history of tendinitis, neck pain, debilitating finger pain and stiffness (especially mornings). No diagnosis, no meds.

2010 - stopped eating dairy
2012 - stopped eating wheat
2014 - stopped eating all grains
Jan 2017 - discovered NSD - 98% improvement in symptoms, continually amazed by my results, wish I'd found kickAS sooner