Good to hear the levels have come down a bit.

In the majority of cases, higher LDL-c concords with higher LDL-p which concords with higher ApoB. It's possible that you could have discordance between LDL-c and LDL-p or ApoB, though discordance is mainly found in individuals with metabolic syndrome or those already taking statins. Good idea to test though if possible, never hurts to have more information to base decisions on.

Peter Attia is a bit of a mixed bag. He gets a lot of things right, but he mixes them in with some false and misleading claims. For example he claims that:

Quote:
Eating cholesterol has very little impact on the cholesterol levels in your body. This is a fact, not my opinion. Anyone who tells you different is, at best, ignorant of this topic. At worst, they are a deliberate charlatan.

This is at odds with controlled feeding studies: "Fasting plasma apoprotein B concentrations increased approximately 10% between the 0 and 4-egg diets and were correlated with changes in total and LDL cholesterol concentrations." - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3292202/

I personally wouldn't consider a 10% increase in ApoB as "very little impact". This also ignores the issue of hyperresponders who get thrown under the bus when people claim that dietary cholesterol has very little impact. In the graph below you can see the hyperresponders whose LDL (y-axis) goes through the roof when dietary cholesterol (x-axis) is increased.

Attia says that "My own education on this topic only really began about 9 months ago, and I’m still learning from my mentors at a geometric pace". I'd be more inclined to listen to lipidologists who have years of experience rather than an MD who is relatively new to the topic.