well done Jon . if you have bought the Philips Tube I think its manufactured in Holland however as its usual medical use is for curing jaundice in new Born's I would imagine its equivalent would be available and made in other countries .
Did I use protective glasses ? No . neither after the first day or so did I worry about 'exposure' I simply lay down on my left hand side on the right hand side of the bed and ran the lamp very close to my spine behind me.
I was eventually quite happy to run the thing all night like that. having that blue lamp as a bed partner won't help your sex life much (unless you discover some kink I haven't.) still it gives AS a good spanking.
There is no difference to the actual florescent tube regardless of which country you happen to be in although the driver in the base of the fitting will be made to operate on each particular countries voltage and frequency . So Jon if you wanted to use this lamp in whatever country you live in from your household mains supply then you need a standard two foot florescent fitting base. You might remember these tubes were much bigger in diameter some years ago ,they have now been made 'slimline' which is why Philip's presents two versions of what is pretty much the same tube. One is rated at 18 watts and the other at 20 watts - in practice 2 watts makes no difference one way or the other and any standard 2 ft fitting would drive the lamp.

However -- I also intend switching the lamp at the Rife de- calcification frequency, 326 and so I suggest Jon that instead of a standard fitting you buy this (ebay item 142980573392) or something similar. These 12 volt fittings are made for caravans ,RVs , although being phased out because of LED lighting.
There's folks from all around the world on this forum all on different voltages and frequencies still 12 volts ish DC is easy enough for everyone to be able to get at. Its also safer being in bed with 12 volts than 220 volts (for instance) 110 volts will get you out of bed 220 volts will make you leap out!
Its also going to be quite easy for me to switch it at the important 326 (I hope) that's the bit I'm waiting for Jon called an opto-coupler . something like this ( ebay item 352364193904 ) which in turn will link to the huge Rife machine which is called spooky2 via an XM2 signal generator. That generator costs $100 Jon which is why I'm waiting to try it driving an opto-coupler before I publish and suggest others go the same route
Kindest regards Duncan