Understood. This might be a situation that a doctor would not help with anyway. They might want nothing to do with you but as Jay said perhaps you should try to get guidance.

BTW: My AS symptoms are their worst in my skull and neck. Sinuses too. I got desperate about six weeks ago and saw an ENT doctor. I showed him CT scans from 2013 and 2016. He could see fluid and inflammation. He felt that there was no need for more radiation. He prescribed eight days of amoxicillin clavulanate. I had never been treated for the sinuses since 2011 using antibiotics. They never really worked. I hesitated to take it for about ten days and then I finally gave in. After six days of taking them I had to stop. I got sicker and don't know if it was a wonderful Herx or just more dysbisos.

Well... since then my gut is in ruins, it hurts, and my AS symptoms have gotten worse. I regret the gamble.

I also was perplexed as to why the ENT doctor did not prescribe a biofilm disruptor when appropriate! For an acute infection none is likely needed. But if the symptoms and signs are chronic then it is very safe to assume that a biofilm is involved if the cause is a microorganism. Lastly, why don't the doctors also prescribe a diet or probiotic for after the the antibiotic round!?!!! When are the treatment protocols going to catch up with the research??

Some doctors are experimenting. I suspect that there are only about 300 in USA that do it. All others just stick to their books -- no creativity, no problem solving.... I might be better off seeing a robot!

Best of luck. May the Force be with you!
Robin

HLA-B27 neg, vague AS symptoms in 20s and early 30s
1993:fibromyalgia (age 25)
2013.07:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.08:Scratched by a sick cat
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal