Originally Posted By ranger7
I’ve been on NSD for a year now and feel much better but still have gut related issues. Bloating and constipation is constant - probiotics make me even more constipated, seems like you had the same issue. I tried Natren, GutPro and bunch of other ones. Are the prescript assist probiotics better? I need to do something and those are ones I didn’t try yet. Any side effect from using them?

The Prescript Assist has been really, really good for me - I'm more regular and my skin is clearer. Total opposite of how regular acidophilus probiotics make me feel. The only side effect is to my disposable income - they are pricy and I take two a day.

Apparently my reaction to acidophilus probiotics is not uncommon among people who have SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth), which is strongly linked to constipation and rosacea. I've often wondered if SIBO is also a factor in my SpA symptoms. In the end, the treatment for SIBO is similar to the 'weed and seed' protocol I'm following, so I haven't pursued it further. But I'd be curious to hear from anyone else who has.

Another approach for constipation, and especially for those who also experience bloating, is a newish supplement called Atrantil which specifically targets the methane-producing species that seem to be the culprit. I haven't tried it but I know two people who have had resolved lifelong issues after using it. https://kennethbrownmd.com/atrantil-bloating-relief/

Another supplement that I haven't tried but have also heard good things about for constipation is sodium butyrate.

If you're not having any luck with probiotics, these might be options.
Suspected USpA. HLA B27, xray, u/sound, blood tests all -ve. Ancient history of plantar fasciitis, SI joint pain, knee arthritis. Recent history of tendinitis, neck pain, debilitating finger pain and stiffness (especially mornings). No diagnosis, no meds.

2010 - stopped eating dairy
2012 - stopped eating wheat
2014 - stopped eating all grains
Jan 2017 - discovered NSD - 98% improvement in symptoms, continually amazed by my results, wish I'd found kickAS sooner