I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and I was diagnosed seven years ago ,six weeks after giving birth to my child. There were days I needed help picking up my daughter because both my wrists were so swollen and inflammed.I had my knees drained every three months for years. Then I found out how a diet can change everything. My knees do hurt anymore and they were swollen for years, I could not straighten them out for two full years, now they are fine.My elbow was frozen for two years and I could not extend it for two years, it was awful. I limped for years......for years. I read a million things and how one thing works for one person but does not work for someone else, I read about crazy elimination diets and I tried them. I tried portable saunas, some weird horse stuff that cures arthritis, I flew out of state because I thought I had lyme disease and tried antibiotics which only made me feel 10 times worse.
------------------------------------------------------------
So to sum it up for me: NO GRAINS and very little dairy & sugar. I try to eat 80 % raw fruits and veggies . JUICING IS KEY FOR ME I DO NOT GO A DAY WITHOUT A FRESHLY MADE JUICE! I juice 3 carrots, 2 celery stalks and 1/2 a cucumber. When I go without that juice I feel it!!! I eat chicken , turkey and fish, but not a lot of it. I think the juice heals the body from the inside out.Start with salad with some chicken on it and use a juicer to juice some raw veggies, you will feel the difference and starchy stuff wont even tempt you anymore. I like the following advice from Dr.Max Gerson --We have the condition we are in due to toxicity and nutritional deficiency . Some helpful sources for me are: KickAS which gave me the first push in the right direction, Fat, Sick, Nearly Dead, Clints Cure, Dr Mercolas RA guidelines and Gerson.org.

excess fat/oils = pain for me
recipes for raw food on Youtube "raw food romance"
and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise