Hi all, just here to finally introduce myself, as I was lurking as a Guest for sometime now. I was diagnosed with AS a few months ago, however I've been experiencing back pain for almost a decade. I crashed my motorcycle ten years ago, and since then I've always thought my back pain was because I never fully recovered. The pain was mild at first for years, however it slowly worsen over a span of 8 years. I saw many physiotherapists, acupuncturists, massage therapists, naturopaths and chiropractors who only were able to offer temporary relief. Two years ago "flash" flu hit me out of nowhere for one day. My lymph nodes were very swollen and I had several other unknown bumps on my forehead. The symptoms went away quickly and my doctors could not tell me what happen but I now have high a suspicion that it was a klebsiella infection. My back pain progressively worsen from a 3 or 4 to 6 and 7. I live a very active lifestyle. I'm a sports junkie, especially hockey and jiu jitsu. The pain was to the point where I had to take months off from jiu jitsu. My xrays indicated early signs of degenerative disc disease and narrowing. I was worried, confused and stressed because nobody can confidently explain why this was happening to my body. Finally I was referred to see a rheumatologist, who diagnosed me with AS. I was glad to finally have answers and some understanding of my body. Doctor told me I would have to probably take medicine and routinely stretch and manage my pain for the rest of my life. And I was fine with that. I then found my way here! I read about Professor Ebringer's research and how he successfully treated his patients with a No Starch Diet. I went out for Iodine and tested many foods at home. Cutting my starch intake by dropping obvious starchy foods like pasta, rice, potatoes, basically wheat and grain was not an issue. I'm pretty simple and disciplined. I can eat steamed broccoli and roasted chicken for weeks, then switch it to steak, then back. Swap in carrots and beets, then possibly cauliflower. lol. I'm low maintenance! I was a little sadden tired that I can never eat Pho(Vietnamese noodles) again. I am a person of Vietnamese descent after all. But that was easily worked out by substituting the noodles with a whole bunch of bean sprouts and meat. laugh Anyway, I've been on a little to zero starch diet for almost a month now and I feel incredible. I'm physically improving everyday and I'm high in spirits everyday. I'm thankful for finding my way here and I'm grateful for this forum and all of its members.