Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to pop in on my one year anniversary and tell you all I AM DOING FANTASTIC!!!! Thank God for the NSD. I'm telling you, if you have doubts, please, please try it. You will need to tweak it to fit your individual needs; it is not an easy path to follow at all. But with persistence (and a touch of stubborness) it took almost the entire year to get my diet to fit where I want to be pain-level wise, which is ZERO pain, and right now I am in zero-pain! And have been in pain level 3-0 in the past 6 months (mostly 1-none).

I'm going to try to make this short & sweet but a little background for the newbies out there: I suffered undiagnosed for almost 4 years, going from doctor to doctor, to pill to pill, to chiropracters, PT, massage, you name it, I tried it. My pain was the kind that had me limping severely for roughly 9 months out of the year, couldn't get out of bed, couldn't dress myself, couldn't use the bathroom without assistance, couldn't get in and out of the car without extreme pain, etc. Basically I didn't have a life. What once was filled with horsebackriding, running, playing sports, games, snowboarding, just plain WALKING and many many more things I enjoyed doing came to a complete STOP. It was terrible, especially for someone whose symptoms started at 22 and had no clue what the problem was. I was starting to think I was crazy and in my deepest of despair, actually had thoughts of taking my life several times.

Finally, I found a doc with a BRAIN and he referred me to a rheumy. Of course, he gave me the usual two options of NSAIDS or Immunosuppresents and handed me a couple brochures and basically in a way said sucks to be you, here's some crappy options, good luck with the rest of your life. Well, I wasn't having that. I knew there had to be an underlying cause to this stupid disorder. SO, I started on my research. I probably put at least 500 hours researching on the internet including this website, and sickopportunity.com. I started the diet right about this time last year, and I am now a changed person. Not only do I have my life back, I seriously feel like a brand new person, inside and out. I have lost 30 lbs, look great, feel great, and am back to doing the things I used to. In fact, I have ALWAYS wanted to try wakeboarding but in the past the thought was laughable. This past weekend I did, and I got up out of the water! I have the itch, and I think I may have a brand new hobby!

I am so excited and my only wish now is that any of you that are in the position I used to be can get some hope from my story. My best advice is to keep a journal (I kept on in my iphone in the calendar feature), keep a CLOSE monitor on how you feel every time after you eat something, and STICK WITH IT! I really believe that the first 6 months was tweaking my diet, and the next 6 months is your body adjusting and healing from the terror AS put on it. I am not the expert, but if you have any questions, you may PM me and I'll give you my email address.

THANK YOU KICKAS! YOU SAVED MY LIFE!

~Lauren

Edited by lar84 (08/22/12 07:03 AM)