Another thing worth mentioning, my back pain and stiffness went away when I STOPPED taking NSAIDs. I think this is another treatment that is mis-perscribed for AS initially. My thoughts are that since AS is so closely related to gut health, and NSAIDs are bad for the GI system, that NSAIDs accelerate progression of the disease. I have taken only a few NSAIDs since October (as in 1 or 2 pills) when needed after injury.
It was very difficult the first few weeks to stop taking them, but I managed with muscle relaxers and pain killers. Once you start to balance out your gut health with NSD/LSD and probiotics, the NSAIDs no longer become necessary in my opinion.
• Diag - USpA/AS JUN-10 // HLA-B27+
• Humira started DEC-10, every 2 weeks
• Started Minocycline antibiotic therapy JAN-11
• no/low starch diet started OCT-10
• Natural Supplements: Super Joint Complex, Omega 3, Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, Milk Thistle, Men's Multi, Probiotic Blend, Zyflamend