hi kat,

kind of reminds me of the opposite thing i am seeing advertised on television: insurance companies paying for people to "do healthy things", go to the gym, attend yoga class, etc. i know i'm being petty when i think, "they'll cover that, but not my IF Stim machine that is the only thing that relieved my worst upper back pain". am i the only one that thinks its kind of discriminatory? i know encouraging people to do healthy things is a good thing and i know that exercise can make people healthier and thus lower insurance costs overall. i still can't help feeling "left out" when they'll cover these things and not the things i need just to function and go back to work.

i agree with dow, tax the cigarettes and junk food, not penalize the people. there are lots of factors that can come into play. i don't think you can make blanket judgement calls on people. its so easy to just blame others for their problems, instead of punishing people, why not try to help them out?

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)