Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#54871 - 06/02/02 01:00 AM Re: NEW enbrel thread [Re: Cindy]
amwtulalip Offline
Active_Member

Loc: Western Washington
Hi Cindy,

Thanks for your encouragement. Fortunately, my Study Doc is also Board Certified in Pain Management - he wrote me for Neurontin and Vicodin. I have been on them for almost two weeks now with not much relief. They recommended maybe moving on to Methodone...but my regular Rhuemy says not.

I am just praying I can hold on for the Open Label phase.

I'll keep you posted.

Angela

#54872 - 06/02/02 01:09 AM Re: NEW enbrel thread [Re: Betty]
amwtulalip Offline
Active_Member

Loc: Western Washington
Betty,

I have no idea what is causing my joint swelling...I hope you are having better luck with relief than I am.

My Rheumy says that if I were on the Enbrel there would be significant improvement in my labs. I have little to no improvement.

Oh well, I know I felt like crap. Now I just have a professional medical opinion that I feel like crap. lol

I'll post more later...hopefully good news.

Angela

#54873 - 06/03/02 05:54 PM Re: NEW enbrel thread [Re: Betty]
Betty Offline
Silver_AS_Kicker

Loc: Dallas area
I pick up Enbrel once a month from the research place. Each injection is preloaded. I get 8 each time. Out of the 8 neeldles, 3 usually get clogged. Study coordinator said that this was impossible. He wants me to come back each time for the needle to be replaced. There is no way that I could miss that much work.

Anyone else have this problem?

Betty

Betty (The Energizer Bunny)

#54874 - 06/07/02 01:47 AM Re: NEW enbrel thread [Re: Betty]
Kearly Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker

Loc: PNW WA
I also pick up the preloaded needles once a month. Last time I went in the study coordinator said she'd had a gentleman bring in his jammed needle, just as you described. One other person complained of this problem and transferred the meds to another needle, which worked fine. You most definately are not alone. Mine have never jammed. Do you think it has to do with the needle or the meds?

Take care,

Kirst

#54875 - 06/07/02 02:20 PM Re: NEW enbrel thread [Re: Kearly]
mars Offline
Ninja_AS_Kicker

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Hi Kirst,
As I've told Betty, I have to mix my own shots at home. Needle clogging has happened to me once. In my case, I think it was because after I had mixed the Enbrel (which is a powder) with the saline solution, I have to let it rest to make sure that all the air has risen to the top. One time however, I must have waited too long because the needle had clogged up. I thought that this was due to the mix drying slightly and thus clogging the needle. In your case, being that the medication is previously mixed and stands still for a much longer period of time, I would believe that sometimes the needle could clog up.
I hope that Betty can prove them wrong because they seem to take her for a nut!!!
Take care,
mars

#54876 - 06/07/02 02:51 PM Re: NEW enbrel thread [Re: Betty]
Cindy Offline
General_AS_Kicker

Loc: West Virginia
Betty,

I have not had any needles "plug up," but I was told it can happen. It must be a fairly common occurance, because I receive extra needles every time I pick up my Enbrel.

Hugs,

Cindy

Cindy

Back pain since early childhood. Dx'd with HLB27 iritis in '96, AS in 2001, FMS in 2002.

#54877 - 06/07/02 10:06 PM Re: NEW enbrel thread [Re: mars]
Betty Offline
Silver_AS_Kicker

HI...
Yep...the guy thinks that I'm a nut. Maybe he thinks that the AS has harden the brain not just the back. lol

The study guy said that he has not had anyone else with the problem. Yes, I am hoping that someone else will show this guy that they too are having this problem.
He says that this is impossible. He is the nut!!!

Last time that I was there, he and I got into a "discussion". I did not back down!
The door to the examine room was open and I could see nurses walking by with a smile on there face. Maybe they were thinking that it was about time that someone stood up to him. !!!

#54878 - 06/07/02 10:14 PM Re: NEW enbrel thread [Re: Cindy]
Betty Offline
Silver_AS_Kicker

The best news!!! I put the Enbrel to the test. ...and it is time to brag!!

Just got back from a 3 day vacation with my 11 year old daughter and her friend. The interesting part...Spent 12 hours at 6 flags one day and the next day 10 hours at a water park after staying up until 12:30 each night.!!!

At 6 flags, I was able to ride EVERY roller roaster but one wooden one, as well as all the other rides!!!! We rarely sat down. ....and had NO PAIN!!

At the water park, I was also able to ride everything....from the biggest raft rides to the body slides. Walked up lots of strairs!! Again rarelly sat down. ....and again NO PAIN!

I will get up in the morning and run off to exercise class for several hours.!!!

#54879 - 06/08/02 04:14 AM Re: NEW enbrel thread [Re: Betty]
Cindy Offline
General_AS_Kicker

Loc: West Virginia
I'd say it's been good stuff for you!! Keep it up.

I can almost forget I have AS on a good day, but I remember as soon as I try to walk. I am walking now, and have been since starting the Enbrel, but I don't think I'll ever take a pain-free step again in my life. There are times even now, that I just stay home, because of the pain. I have the wheelchair, and I still could use it, but ..... I just don't want to disturb the layer of dust on it! I only wish I could have tried Enbrel before my AS got so bad.

Hugs,

Cindy

Cindy

Back pain since early childhood. Dx'd with HLB27 iritis in '96, AS in 2001, FMS in 2002.

#54880 - 06/08/02 11:44 AM Re: NEW enbrel thread [Re: Betty]
mamadolphin Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker

Loc: Washington State USA
That is wonderful to hear Betty. I am so glad you were able to have such fun with your daughter.

Have a great day

Pam

"Just like moons and like suns, with the certainty of tides. Just like hopes springing high, Still I'll rise." Maya Angelou

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Megan, WendyR 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 100 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Electromyography (EMG) test
by Magician
09/30/21 10:03 PM
Vaccination effect on AS
by WilliamA
03/27/21 12:57 PM
How many of us had / have covid?
by DonCA
07/23/20 03:19 AM
(Views)Popular Topics