Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Lisa Angel Mom? And Bill? Are they better now I hope?

Dow
L
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
L
Hi, I had Covid a year ago and still have antibodies...I test negative, and I just got my second Pfizer shot.
When I had it my fever was only 99.7 for almost two weeks but doctors would not test me, saying that was too low a fever. I also had GI issues and weird headaches.
I finally got the antibody test last June when I could see my doctor in person, and I had the antibodies...
Since then I've been diagnosed with post infectious IBS and chronic fatigue...
I have not been on Enbrel for two years, I was on it for 16 years before getting cancer, which is in remission...
I just take Advil for pain...
Hope this helps
Peace
Linc

Linc O'Brien
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Dow, they're getting there. Over 50 days for both of them now. I believe Lisa still has no sense of smell or taste, or at least, it's only ended recently.

I hope you are well. Been thinking about you lately.

Warm hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Oh, thanks so much for the update about Lisa & Bill, Kat!

I'm pretty certain that I had a relatively mild bout with Covid myself, way back in Feb of 2020, just before we knew the name of it and it was declared a world-wide pandemic. I just thought I had caught a particularly nasty flu that I was having a helleva time beating, going to bed at 9PM (when 9AM would be more typical) and yeah, also with almost no sense of smell or taste.

Of course Marsha said: "You always liked Supertramp before, so how would you know if you lost your taste?" Ha.

Will have to find a way to contact Lisa myself and see if there is anything I can do to help.

Dow

Dow
Bronze_AS_Kicker
Bronze_AS_Kicker
Hello:

I Do not have Covid, been staying in my apartment since February of last year. Cave Girl I am!

I just want to let you all know I have had my two shots of the Pfizer vaccine. Had a sore arm after the first shot and after the second ended up in Emergency when my MS kicked into high gear and I was having walking difficulties.

Here we are having problems with the Variant plus the 'normal' Covid-19. Roughly 180-200 new counts added daily. So troubling.

Happy to see and 'hear' from all! Miss the old Kickas.org badly as it was my calmness area when life was tossing me about.

Stay safe and in touch everyone! My email is kalinovich@mts.net if anyone wants to contact me. Don't be shy! smile
- Angie -

Last edited by Magician; 04/19/21 04:39 AM.

- Carpal Tunnel in BOTH hands
- Depression (MDD) Major Depressive Disorder
- Pituitary Adenoma
- Scoliosis
- Spinal Arthritis with bone spurs on spine
- Multiple Scoliosis diagnosed
- Herniating spinal disc
- HLAB27+
- Final diagnosis: Mild lumbar spondylosis

Previously told Mechanical Back 'Issues'. Hate this term!
Dow, she's on my friends list at Facebook. Why don't I get a group chat going on messenger?

It sure does sound like you had it!!! Wow! I'm so glad you're all right with it! None of the Long Covid? Linc In NYC has had that.

And there are reports that it might have been around months before we were all aware of it. There's speculation that the one that went pandemic was, maybe, the third mutation? My stepson, D-I-L and grandson ended up in ER in September 2019. The doctors didn't know what was wrong with them, but our 18 month old grandson ended up on oxygen and was in hospital for a week. My stepson is wondering if it might have been an earlier mutation of the virus.

I'm afraid I'm with you on Supertramp. Poor Marsha's on her own with this one. ;-)

Love and light, my friend.

Kat

"Strictly Ballroom"

Angie, it's good to hear from you and know you are well! Man, I hope you've been all right on your own like that, all the time. I've been watching the numbers from back home with a fair bit of concern. So glad you got your jabs!!!!

Keep checking in. One or two of us have taken to popping in again, every so often.

Love and light.

Kat

"Strictly Ballroom"

Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Online Content
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
My mother's side of the family lives in a rural area of about 10,000 people and some cases are there. They live life normally without masks or vaccinations and are not afraid of the virus at any age. The community has always been Conservative. I don't know what the hospital situation is like but a retired nurse tells me that there are patients there. Out there my 60-something uncle is in an assisted living home of about twenty people and the virus ran through his home too. Everybody tested positive. No deaths. My uncle did not notice a symptom.

My father's side are city dwellers like me and all are in a various degree of lockdown and report no events. One is a nurse and will not get the covid vaccine because it is too experimental. One of her kids has slight autism and believes that vaccinations are the cause. Two nurses in my family have often taken flu vaccines due to career and say that those vaccines don't make any difference.

Skip to "CONTINUING" section to avoid politics.

I lived in Wuhan for eight years and walked by the infamous wet market almost every day. In December 2019 my contacts back in Wuhan told me that there are rumours of a new virus in TongJi Hospital that seems to be transmittable through the air. All through January I was freaking out wondering why Canada wasn't closing the borders. Pelosi's “Go hug a Chinese person in Chinatown” political campaign disgusted me. Closing borders isn't racist. I no longer have any trust in the WHO, politicians, or excessively paid medical spokespersons. I demand multiple medical opinions and not just one narrative. Attacking Fauci isn't attacking science, but he says it is. I understand the culture of face in China and the importance of maintaining a level of good diplomacy with China. I never believed that the virus came from the wet market since I knew about the lab, other issues and events. The probability that it came from the lab was far too high. The wet market was just a way to save face, deflect responsibility and maintain diplomacy. Even I got caught up in the political correctness and spoke to others the accepted narrative -- that it came from the wet market -- just because I wanted to get along with the group and avoid people's wrath. There is also an aspect of me being politically correct because I like China and wanted to believe that it was the wet market; a defensive response. The virus is very likely from the lab but we will never be able to definitely prove it just like we will never be able to prove that Jeffrey Epstein and John McAfee were assassinated in prison. But we got Peter Nygard in jail too and I guess he didn't entertain enough politicians to earn an assassination. It is interesting that Bill Gates no longer is a coivd spokesperson. He has visited Jeffery Epstein many times but originally said that they never met.

All blood tests show that I don't have an SpA. I don't trust the tests. I know people in the Lyme Disease community and am aware of the testing reliability controversy. In 2018 a large panel for infectious diseases was done on me because I returned from China quite sick. I had antibodies for measles but hadn't had measles for 40 years. I guess I had a recent exposure. I had the Twinrix vaccine in 2008 but had no hepatitis antibodies in the test panel. I could go on. The bottom line is that the understanding of the immune system is full of inconsistencies. Not having antibodies doesn't mean that you are not immune. I've been exposed to the chicken pox virus many times and never caught it, never have had antibodies nor the vaccine. Science is never “settled.” One solution doesn't fit everyone. But I digress.

CONTINUING

I live in an immigrant community in Canada now and go to a Chinese market every week. It has been shut down for a day to be sterilized because a worker tested positive and had to isolate. I wager my money that others have had the virus, didn't know it and never were tested. Around March or May of 2020 I developed a very weak case of what may have been covid-19. I had malaise for about ten days, a stuffy nose and scratchy throat, oxygen hunger but no phlegm or shortness of breath, and got nauseous on two occasions; threw up once. At the time I was already taking Mg, Zn, quercetin, large doses of vitamin D and C. The purpose wasn't for resistance to covid but instead to heal my gut and just for regular immune system boosting. Perhaps that combination really helps protect us from covid. I may even had been taking azithromycin for five weeks because I was being treated for bartonella. I know that I had the azithromycin before the symptoms. A year later I tested negative for covid antibodies.

Four friends reported having covid symptoms and three got testing which came back positive. Three just stayed home but one ended up hospitalized since he was about 400 lbs. The positive side effect of covid is that he lost about 100 lbs. He is back to work.

Six friends have had vaccinations. One died from the second shot but he was in his 60s, yet strong and healthy. One friend developed covid-like symptoms for a short time after the first vaccination perhaps because his body was already primed from his previous covid infection for which he had symptoms and a positive test. The second vaccine seemed like saline.

HLA-B27 neg, vague AS symptoms in 20s and early 30s
1993:fibromyalgia (age 25)
2013.07:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.08:Scratched by a sick cat
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Online Content
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Not everyone gets a fever. Some people just get GI issues, fatigue and nauseated. Doctor's should know that.

HLA-B27 neg, vague AS symptoms in 20s and early 30s
1993:fibromyalgia (age 25)
2013.07:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.08:Scratched by a sick cat
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal
M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
I had it in December along with my wife son and grandsons. I was sick a couple days but not bad. My wife was really sick, grandsons did not slow down. My wife has a underlying heart issue and we ended up at the hospital three times. She did incur some mild damage to her heart but her doctor said she will get over it. He advised she needed a shot as soon as she tested negative for antibodies. We were tested last month she had none, I on the other hand had a high rate of antibodies. Long story short he advised she get vaccinated then he looked at me and said I would get very sick and to wait and test again the first of October.
I posted earlier on this subject, Covid fired up my AS with a vengeance I am just now getting on top of it. Almost felt like I was starting over.
Darrel.
ETTE.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 64 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM