Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bronze_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Bronze_AS_Kicker
Hi everyone! Yes I know it is a lot quieter here but I sure hope there are a few members still dropping in.

I have been on eyedrops for a week. Tomorrow my optometrist will be reducing them further. Never did I think the redness would be seen as Uveitis. My eye was painful, completely red and hurt in bright light. A good friend was convinced I either had Covid or Pink Eye.

When my eye was examined and subsequently my patient file the very first question I was asked was 'how bad does my back hurt'? And then I was diagnosed with both Ankylosing Spondylitis and Uveitis. Still can't believe how quickly the diagnosis came.

I was told even with steroid eyedrops the Uveitis could come back at any time. I am happy I found a great Optometrist who immediately recognized what I truly had.

Stay safe and remain healthy!
- Angie Kalinovich -

- Carpal Tunnel in BOTH hands
- Depression (MDD) Major Depressive Disorder
- Pituitary Adenoma
- Scoliosis
- Spinal Arthritis with bone spurs on spine
- Multiple Scoliosis diagnosed
- Herniating spinal disc
- HLAB27+
- Final diagnosis: Mild lumbar spondylosis

Previously told Mechanical Back 'Issues'. Hate this term!
AS Czar
AS Czar

Hello, Angie:

Regret that You are experiencing iritis--I really HATE IRITIS!!! It is the single aspect of AS that kept me on the dietary straight-and-narrow when I needed to keep to that plan.

I did a write up on iritis in my dropbox files (part of my signature) many years ago. I have not experienced this for about 17 years -- knock wood!

HEALTH,
John

Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
I have been dealing with uveitis flares for 16 years now. My Eye doc retired and the new one that took over informed me that he was not nearly aggressive enough with the pred drops. She has me 1 per hour (16 per day) for first 4 days, than the taper is long and slow. My flare started in September and I just switched from 2 drops a day to 1 a day.

She claims the way the old Doc was doing it was causing slow long term damage. He would have me do 16 first day, then 4 a day for a week, the 3 for a week 2 for a week, 1 for a week.

Bronze_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Bronze_AS_Kicker
Hi John:

Such a wealth of information on this eye condition!

Interesting to read re: underlying condition associated with the Uveitis. I have dry eyes (Surgeon's and prescribed eye drops.

Each time I see the Optometrist he checks my eye pressure. It has been going down with the steroid use. I am in the process of slowing down my use of the drops.

Could you share a few links on colonics?
Thank you for help.
- Angie -

- Pituitary Adenoma
- Scoliosis
- Herniating spinal disc
- HLAB27+

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Magic! It's good to see you!

Uveitis so sucks and I am really sorry you have it.

Yes, it can recur. I've lived with it on and off for 40 years. Haven't had it since I started Remicade in 2005. It is helpful for uveitis. It didn't come back during my Enbrel years, (Enbrel doesn't cover uveitis) but am very relieved that adalimumab (Humira) also covers uveitis, as I've been switched to it with my new Crohn's dx.

Listen to your doctors and hang in there.

White light and love.

Warm Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Inanna #520349 12/19/20 05:53 AM
Bronze_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Bronze_AS_Kicker

Hello Kat:

So very good to hear from you. In addition to the Uveitis I am now dealing with the Steroid drops affecting my liver. I have got blood labs coming up. My regular physician called me this afternoon expressing concern because my liver's AST and other enzymes are way beyond normal. All are elevated. He feels I could have gallbladder stones and wants additional blood tests.

Could this simply be a side effect from the steroid drop? I am basically almost finished using them. This is making my head hurt cause I am overthinking. Does anyone here have any words of advice? First time taking steroid anything.

I have been drinking coffee like crazy because I read somewhere coffee is the thing to drink when dealing with this type of mess.

We are so close to a very different sort of Christmas. I am not heading home as my Province has been deemed RED. My Province has begun vaccinations for the virus. Everybody take care and sleep well.

- Pituitary Adenoma
- Scoliosis
- Herniating spinal disc
- HLAB27+

H
Commanding_AS_Kicker
Commanding_AS_Kicker
H
I have had iritis but not in a long time smile ! Sorry you are having to put up with it . I would credit the No Starch Diet with keeping the iritis at bay for me .

Bruce

Still kicking AS with the No Starch Diet !
Magician #520371 01/09/21 08:33 AM
Magic, sorry to have disappeared. Christmas was ... weird, but lovely.

How are your eyes feeling? I wouldn't have thought the drops for your eyes would do that much damage to your liver, but what do I know. Thing is that there is no direct route for the drops to hit yor liver. I was on those drops repeatedly for years, until Remicade knocked the uveitis out of me. Touch wood, I haven't had it since Spring 2005. Never had liver problems. But I'm not you. What did your bloodwork find? What did your doctor say?

We're essentially in lockdown again, thank goodness. The PM here eventually listens to reason, but man, he's slow on the uptake.

Vaccinations have begun and our GP surgery is finally on the list that will have it issued to them. My sweetheart is shielded by the NHS and over the age of 70, so he's in the fourth group to get it. If it works the way our flu jab did (a special clinic for shielded people), I'll be called in at the same time, as I'm our contact with the outside world.

My aunt is in a care home in Ontario. She's had her first shot. What a relief! It's been a prison and torturous emotionally for so many seniors isolated in those homes. They aren't allowed to go out in the garden at my aunt's. No visits allowed from family, not even distanced ones thorugh a window at Christmas. Only allowed to leave their rooms for meals. So cruel.

Anyway, I hope you are well. Please let me know how your eye is?

Warm hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,898 hmmm