Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
mig Offline
M
I see you are still a perfect clot, dear Alan! LOL

I have never worn a wig so stop tell tales. floor

John has done a great job of keeping KA going!!!

Hope you are taking good care of You. 1cup

A delight to see you in here, Alan!

mig
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Oh for goodness sake, is he still going on about wigs and you, Mig?!!! Good to know that some things never change.

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

B
Warrior_AS_Kicker
Warrior_AS_Kicker
B
Hello all,
Not been on for a while. Anyway back to the thread question. Yes I caught it back in Nov last year, as I decided to work through the pandemic, rather than go on furlough. As I work within the U.K care industry. I caught it relatively mildly, with no medical intervention, symptoms lasted for around 2 weeks. Isolated for two weeks too.
I did at the time think the chance of me catching it would be high. Although I decided to live my life, keep working within the safest way I could. It wasn't easy during the first 6 months of the pandemic as my government didn't provide myself or other work colleagues with PPE. Working within the private healthcare system within the U.K, gov does not respect the work to which private healthcare workers do.
I was on Consentyx at the time too.

I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
Oh yes, you did/do.
Nice to see you here too.

As I recall, Kat wears one too!

Hello to both of my very favorite Canucks, And Mig too.

Good to see you!

Kat

"Strictly Ballroom"

AS Czar
AS Czar
I am in the COVID-delta group now. I have not had any AS symptoms in many years (only the permanent skeletal damage). Of course I took precautions: I was taking Plaquenil already, and had ivermectin, dexamethasone, and z-pack in addition to vitD, C, zinc, and chaga. Lost my sense of smell and everything tasted strange! After a few days of alternating fever that was below 102, I began having SEVERE back and muscle pain especially centered around spine. The steroid knocked that out and then I got the pneumonia which steroid also mediated but O2 sat fell to 79. I was most of the way through this when my friend developed severe COVID, so I called exactly the right person and got us in for the Regeneron. I fudged number of days I had been sick and although negative nostril test, the blood test was still positive. Friend sent home with O2. That was early September and the fatigue lasted another week and olfactory issues cleared up about a week after that. Still a little weakness due to lack of activity during illness perhaps. Wonderful thing is I cannot get the VAXXX for another 65 days! Probably don't need it, after all (I was skeptical about it anyway).

HEALTH,
John

F
Veteran_AS_Kicker
Veteran_AS_Kicker
F
I"m an RN and finally got it after restarting my humira and being on Avira too. I think i was too immuno supressed. It kicked my [*bleep*], i was so weak. I got the monoclonal antibodies and it seemed worse after. But I'm alive and thankful. And it really blew up my AS, still sorting that out. Resumed my humira sunday, 6 weeks after being positive for COVID. And now the humira doesnt work. I've managed to not be vaccinated but have a decision at work as they are mandating it. My Rhuemy has written an exemption for me.

Why an exception? The vaccines are not live, so not contra-indicated with Humira (which I am also on and have had three jabs now with no problems).

Kat

"Strictly Ballroom"

John, research over the past year has shown that the antibodies acquired when you have Covid do not retain their ability to neutralise the virus. However, research since the vaccines came into play shows that in combination with naturally acquired antibodies, the protection is extremely good. Hundreds of millions of doses given, John. Very few serious adverse effects. It's not people reacting to the vaccines that are filling the hospitals, right now. It's mainly people who didn't bother to vaccinate because they listened to bad information.

Kat

"Strictly Ballroom"

Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By Inanna
...However, research since the vaccines came into play shows that in combination with naturally acquired antibodies, the protection is extremely good.

References pleasegrin. That is the propaganda that I also hear. The claim could be based on theoretical assumptions. For example: Suppose that measurements show that a person gets infected and they produce 27 different antibodies. Then they take the vaccination and measurements show that they produce three new antibodies hence have theoretically broadened their immunity. That sounds theoretically reasonable but what does the empirical data say when that group gets exposed to various strains? A vaccine can cause a new imprinting that actually reduces immunity in some cases, or the vaccine actually wipes out immunity via a phenomena called "high zone tolerance" in which the relevant T-cell population is eliminated. Having antibodies after an infection is not a requirement for long-term immunity but having anti-bodies above a given threshold after a vaccination is the accepted standard. If a single vaccination after infection does increase protection then must a person get the injection? I think it is a matter of individual choice. If I was 82 years old, survived an infection and did volunteer work in a elementary school then I probably would get a booster. However I know of one case in which a woman well past 80 years old did survive a mild infection but died from such a booster even after waiting for antibodies to diminish from the previous infection.

There is a non-peer reviewed study published in June 2021 from Israel that included cases of the delta variant. It showed that vaccinated people were 13 times more likely to have severe disease in comparison to unvaccinated people that had previous infection. I heard someone break that down into different statistics and it was something like among people in the hospital 65% were vaccinated, 34% were unvaccinated and 1% were previously infected. A study in the UK showed similar ratios. Obviously if 65% of the people in the hospital have been vaccinated and 65% of the population is vaccinated then the vaccine is in principle having zero effect.

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections; MedRxiv; Aug 8, 2021

Originally Posted By Conclusion
This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

Dr Peter McCullough and other researchers say that natural immunity is all a person needs. Even people that have a weak or sub-clinical case of WuFlu will still have good immunity through T-cell memory. There is no need for seroconverstion to B-cell immunity to produce antibodies. Some people will clear out the infection using just T-cells and macrophages without producing antibodies. The assumption that a minimum level of antibodies is needed for good immunity is a over generalization. However it is recognized that people that have never caught WuFlu do have waning antibodies created by vaccination. All that being said if I needed to be on immmuno-suppressants or had one or more chronic disease that made me very likely to have grave WuFlu disease then I would get vaccinated before catching the bug.

Risks of Vaccines for Those Recovered from COVID-19 – Krammer, Raw & Mathioudakis; by Dr. Peter McCullough; Sep 12, 2021

There is a reasonable hypothesis that boosters will cause accumulated damage. The spike protein is a toxin that takes at least a year for the body to completely clear out and everybody tolerates the spike differently. Older people suffer more from inflammation and the spike causes inflammation among other issues.

Boosters for tetanus are a good idea and they are the toxin that the tetanus bacterium produces. Boosters are good idea because the body is too slow to produce antibodies to tetanus. Even if a person gets a tetanus vaccination upon infection it might be too late to stop the disease. The same is true for the Rabies virus but it is rare. I speculate that the ability to produce WuFlu antibodies after having been previously infected is much faster than the incubation period to develop the WuFlu disease, hence a booster may not be necessary.

I've taken the series of rabies vaccinations as a precaution. In a developing nation I got scratched by a sick cat at a veterinarian. The vet was mortified and told me to immediately go to the hospital for rabies shots. My previous shots were three years old and I didn't worry much and so I did not go. I had measles when I was 10 years old, saw a pediatrician to show him the rash and the pediatrician said that I could go to the wedding without any worry. I had a good time with everyone. I tested positive for measles antibodies when I was 50 years old and I am grateful that I was told not to quarantine. I doubt that those antibodies are from my case that was 40 years earlier, I probably was exposed to measles in the previous ten years while living in a developing nation. The point of mentioning my measles experience is that the Biden government might mandate fines for anyone that leaves their home when they have a cold. Such rules isn't simply about what is right or wrong but more about cultural values. Parts of the world are moving towards a "zero harm" mindset so I am going to take up sky diving before it is legal only for the military.

Biden adds measles to list of diseases that could require quarantine

I do not listen to any "expert" that is employed by a government because their tongues are tied. I recall a moment on the Donahue Show when Milton Friedman explained that because he is a professor and isn't involved in government that he said "...[I] regard it as a great luxury that I can be irresponsible" and freely state my opinions.

Milton Friedman on Donahue 1980 (4/5)

Covid is here to stay like the cold. The coronavirus is endemic because it is in our pets and other animals in nature. It will be passed back and forth between animals and people. We will adapt. Death is part of life. The world's population is too big and too dysgenic due to medical science. Hopefully WuFlu improves the stock. smokin

Neither do I go with a consensus. I often worked on problems alone because I worked fast. I'll never forget a time that after finishing a set of calculations I sought out my team of five other people to compare the final numbers. In one case my number was different from all of theirs. They had the same number of each other. I told them that they were wrong and that I was right. They laughed at me. In my mind I knew where they all had gone wrong and explained it to them. The bulb for the smartest one in the group went on and she explained it to the rest of them. The moral of the story is don't trust a consensus, or an authoritative body, and especially any politicians. Listen to many experts especially when they debate.

Peace!

HLA-B27 neg, vague AS symptoms in 20s and early 30s
1993:fibromyalgia (age 25)
2013.07:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.08:Scratched by a sick cat
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,898 hmmm