Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Dill Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
D
Have had AS since 2004 and hla+. Used Enbel for a few years and stopped working an rhuemy started humira and methotrexate. It has worked well. In late January I had an upper molar removed with bone graft. The Periodontist asked me to stay off of medication two weeks before and after surgery because of immune suppression. The tooth was infected. Within two weeks I developed an excruictating sinus infection. Periodontist said I needed to see an ENT. I was already established with one but could not get an appointment for two months. I think part of this was because of staffing problems. There is only one ENT office in our area. I was still having severe sinus infection pain, the bone graft was removed. Went to ER twice because the pain was so severe. They gave me a ct scan which showed all sinuses full. Sent me home with Norco. After three weeks of hell got in touch with my regular dentist he referred me to a maxiofacill oral surgeon. I got in the next morning. My left sinus was worse on the side my tooth was pulled. The OS put me under and cleaned out the sinus on the one side.... immediate relief. But, advised I needed to see ENT asap that this should help until I could get an appt. I still was unable to get an ENT appointment. Within a few days the severe pain returns and OS puts a drain into the sinus. In the meantime he calls my ENT dr
And lets him know how urgent my case is. This is when the quarantine started. My ENT dr was out for two weeks because of high risk for covid19. In the next two months my OS packed my sinus with gauze every few days. This kept the pain at bay. I finally got an appointment with ENT on April 14. The doctors wanted me off of humira and methotrexate because felt the healing process was hindered by the immune suppressant drugs. ENT said this required surgery, but all outpatient centers were closed because of virus. This was considered an elective surgery. The ENT office has their own outpatient surgery center and should be able to have it done within the month after it reopens. He wanted my OS to keep a drain in until my surgery. The surgery has yet to be scheduled. I am praying it will happen soon. I have taken a series of twelve antibiotics, right now taking levaquin. My problem now is my AS has flared up after almost four months of not taking. Shoulder,back,hand joint pain and severe fatigue. With my upcoming surgery, I am afraid to start humira for fear my sinus surgery will not heal. I started the no starch diet two days ago. I thought sunflower seeds were on the diet, not realizing they are not, I ate some yesterday. Anyone have any suggestions of what I could do.

D
Dill Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
D
I took my humira this morning. Pain was too much.

AS Czar
AS Czar
Hello, Dill:

The levaquin "should" have some anti-AS effects, under the right circumstances. However, it could make things worse, initially, if the gut is compromised. The problem is, the intestinal epithelium has been compromised and the mucosa that was protecting it is damaged by antibiotics.

I have had success with and strongly believe that the most important nutrients for hardening the tract are vitD, vitC, zinc, copper, lysine, glutamine, glycine, vitE, and niacinamide.

But that does not help the immediate problem!

I suggest a fast that should resolve the flare after 4 days. If You are able to take EVOliveOil by the teaspoonful 10X per day, and also take 6g borage seed oil (or equivalent GLA from evening primrose or black currant--and this large dosage is very temporary because too much borage seed oil is not too good, long-term). On the third day of the fast, find some fresh wheatgrass juice: 6-8oz twice during the day should do it and it might be a stretch, but this day is key in eliminating the inflammation, so staying in the fasting mode is money in the bank, by forth day You might have some nausea but finish the fast with a meal of something like scrambled eggs; nothing raw or hard in texture and absolutely nothing with sugar to eat or drink!

Make sure You drink at least 5 quarts of water each day. If You can find or make colloidal silver, drink the equivalent of 2oz @ 20ppM daily; can be added to the water. If You can flush Your sinuses with straight colloidal silver, it could help.

It is unpleasant, but good to take oregano oil in some of the water, violently shaken to mix it up! A small amount is required--as low as 10 drops per quart. There are pills that are enteric-coated, but these should never be taken on an empty stomach; wait until You are able to take these with food.

Regret sunflower seeds are both very starchy and harsh, so can cause a flare quickly--like popcorn!

I hope that You get out of this miserable flare and are able to continue with the surgery right away!

HEALTH,

John

D
Dill Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
D
Dragonslayer,
Thanku so much for the great information you have given me. Some of the things you mentioned, I have never heard of, but I will google all of it and find where I can get it.

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,359,842 hmmm
1,318,621 OMG!!!!
708,474 PARTY TIME!