Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
NZMatt Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
N
Hi All,
I am new here, and very encouraged by the site. I have had AS about ten years in now, and the thing now has me down and nearly out. This last two years it really seems to have run away, getting severely into my upper back, neck shoulders chest.
I have declined the (t cell?) immune suppressants from my rheumatologist as i suspect it will be a shortcut to major complications, but I cannot continue living with this. I have tested negative for the HLA B27, and I had a chronic and severe DDT poisoning in 1997 - 2000. (I wonder if this kicked me off on this path)
My question is does anyone have any theory or handle on the best course forward for NON HLA B27 people? I am day two on the NO STARCH, and OK so far.
Any advice appreciated.
Matt
NZ

AS Czar
AS Czar
WELCOME, Matt!

Whether a person with AS is B27 positive or not, the diet can work as it has in many non-B27s. The common serological test for the antigen is very flawed, and produces a very large number of false-negatives.

Good Luck on the NSD! The people in the forum are the best resource, and there is also a Facebook page You might consider joining.

HEALTH,
John

J
Active_Member
Active_Member
J
Hi Matt - so glad you've found this forum. I too am HlaB27 negative, and I too have refused the medication prescribed for my AS - I gave it a shot and wish I hadn't. The diet has been life-changing for me. I have by no means perfected it, and I am a long way from completely beating this illness, but it has helped enough to make it worthwhile persevering. Good luck!

Spondyloarthropathy with symptoms of AS, Sjögrens and fibro. Previously took Celebrex, Methotrexate, Trepiline, Prednisone which seemed to trigger a flare and my illness became much worse. Symptoms now kept mostly under control with NSD, as well as cutting sugar, dairy and yeast and food intolerances. Mostly pain free now and all symptoms massively improved.
N
NZMatt Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
N
That is great to know, thanks heaps. I am day five now and definitely feeling an improvement in pain and mobility in my lower and mid back. No change to my neck yet, but i am feeling positive.....at last.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,898 hmmm
1,319,692 OMG!!!!