Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Hello Sherri,

Not only I need to update my photo of Mateo.. assume you need to update your pic of your children as well grin

Hope all is well.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
It will be a fab trip Tim - Best to young Mateo - photos is poss...but might not want to put children's pics out on the internet! Must say I also would be chary!

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
Cripes, I best check in then...cripes....errr, yes who am I, I forget sometimes! I am Alan the great, Molly yes, you tried to run off in my shed
!
I Spoke to my old sparring partner Mig, a week or two ago, lovely as ever.

As for never being here, well you see I decided to do a degree; thinking an hour or so a week would cover it - wrong!

In my defence may I say that I do pop in and read here quite often and shall try even more so in light of this gentle admonishment.

Question from my degree exam: Search the Mendelsohn violin concerto and name the bar (about 6 million to chose from)which contains a chromatic appoggiatura...Cripes.

Lovely to post here again

Alan

Last edited by ineptwill; 08/08/19 08:57 AM. Reason: rotten spelling
1 member likes this: Magician
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
I still peek in from time to time. It's been well over 20 years since I started coming to KA.

Meow and the world meows with you... hiss and you hiss alone....
Yeh, I'm on a Facebook group, that is part of it.

But also, when I was finally put on Humira, it changed my life so much, that I got back to living my life, in a way I really couldn't before. So, less time on forums (or FB) and more time living.

But I did appreciate the helpful ideas like going to another city in another state to get diagnosed, that was the key that opened the door to getting the humira and getting some of my life back.

Yes, I still flare, but not nearly as often badly as I did before the humira. Only need steroids once or twice a year now. The only real problem is the permanent damage in my neck and SI due to the years of uncontrolled inflammation. The neck makes it so sitting is a real challenge..still looking for a new car I can sit in. The SI makes it so I can't go swimming anymore, but that's about it for that...it's really only a big problem when I flares about once a year now.

So, if you are having trouble getting a diagnosis and treatment, persist, so it can be managed as soon as possible...those years of uncontrolled inflammation can really do damage to the joints. And don't let anyone make you second guess yourself. I was fortunate to have doctors and PTs and a chiro who saw the inflammation, and stood behind me in finding a rheumy to dx and rx me.

Every so often, I do stop by to see what is going on.

HI! smile

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Nice to see Alan, Kitty and Sue dropping in.

Tim

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Like most of the others, I check in periodically but don't post so much.

Life gets busy AS or not. My girls are now on their way to being sriors on high school. Am trying to survive putting triplets through college in the next four years

Had an awful car accident last year broke my neck but miraculously after 3 brutal months am only a little more bent.

Weeks later my wife, the lovely Diane, had her fingertip chopped off by a malfunctioning hotel room door

Somehow we are both still kickin'

L-R: Julianna, Jamie, Diane and Tonimarie

stevec-they also serve who stand and wait
Hello Steve,

Good to see you checking in.. sorry to hear about the accident and finger tip incident.. but good to know still kicking.

On recent trip to States, we stopped at planetarium near my mom´s to view Saturn and Jupiter. It is at 2 year university (extension)... they had comparison of tuition prices for several universities within Wisconsin and could not believe the costs shocked

Tim

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
New_Member
New_Member
Same story with me. Pop in once in awhile to read some stuff and to see if anything new is going on research wise. Can’t even remember last time I posted tho (but may start a new topic today because of a new twist/challenge presented to me thanks to AS).

I still VERY much appreciate this site and so glad I found it all those many years ago! Whenever I’ve encountered others with AS I have (and still) highly recommended this site to them. It’s always been a fantastic resource and it’s my goto site for all things AS related.

Supreme_AS_Kicker
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Time constraints keep me from checking in here as often as before. Stability in the disease has been a part of that, too. Had to take about 2 yrs off biologic due to a combination of problems (pneumonia, followed by a couple of persistent lung nodules which had to be worked up and followed for 2 yrs. Then broke my foot in 5 places when I fainted during a trip to the potty in the middle of the night. That took over a year to heal, including use of a bone-growth stimulator.) Those 2 yrs were miserable, given I was back on essentially no treatment but MTX and I was progressed in severity from when I first began treatments. But after that 2 yrs was finally up, got back on the usual treatments again and things are back to as stable as is possible. Still working full time, but looking forward to retiring in about 3 yrs when I make 65. With any luck, I might be able to cut hours back to 32/week and still keep benefits in the last year. While it might not be as active as it was in the days when I joined up, there are good people here sharing great information as to how they are slaying the beast. Keep on kicking, all of you.

DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis
Meds: MTX since Oct 2009, 15mg/week. Cimzia-restarted after 2 yrs away.
Epidural Steroid Injections x8; Lumbar Radiofreq Ablation x2
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9
1 member likes this: Magician
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie