Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Topic Options
#519602 - 05/01/19 03:58 PM Update: stool-analysis is in. Gut is a wasteland.
Bazel Offline
New_Member

Hi forum!

I wanted to give an update on my situation. Did a stool and blood analysis and have a new supplement and diet plan. Would like to hear you guys' advice!! Results were a bit of a shock, but now I know why I am always extremely fatigued and have chronic diarrhoea.

Results stool:
-Severe leaky gut.
-There is too little diversity in my gut flora.
-I have an infection by the pathogen called Enterobactor.
-Overgrowth of Fusobacterium, aparently linked to cancer. infectious disease and immune problems. Got screened for cancer, but luckely came out negative.
-Acid levels are fine in the stomach, but the pH is too high in the intestines. (Meaning too low acid, I think).
-There is a deficiency of butyrate-producing bacteria, which are needed for a strong gut-lining (thus causing leaky gut).
-Deficiency of immuno-supporting bacteria (lactobacillus, enterococcus).
-No candida (surprised me)

Resulsts blood:
-Highly intolerant for a high number of foods: all dairy, all nuts, all grains, gluten, wheat, eggs, shellfish, cow meat (what?!).
-Somewhat intolerant to: chicken, carrot, cucumber, ... this list is long but I can eat it sparingly.
-Small list of stuff that's okay, thankfully includes spinach, broccoli, aspergus, plenty of fruits, plenty of fish.

The plan

Foods:
-Stop eating foods I am highly intolerant to for 4 months.
-Eat foods I am lightly intolerant to only once 4 days.
-Eat a lot of pork, fish, fruit, spinach, aspergus..
-Try to slowly expand the vegetables I am eating, so that my gut flora can expand with healthy bacteria.
-No starch

Supplements suggested by the lab:
-Probiotics aimed at the bacteria I am missing.
https://www.winbiotic.nl/consument/Producten/winbiotic-pro-ib.html
https://www.winbiotic.nl/consument/producten/winbiotic-pro-ad.html
Both contain all kinds of stuff I shouldn't have (cornstarch, maltodextrin), but I think I'll take the risk..

-This high-tech curcuma supplement. No idea if it's any good, but the lab suggested it: (http://lipolife.co.uk/lipoliferelevium/)
-L-glutamine and zeolite for gut-lining
-Acacia fiber
-Vit. C and D, maybe some magnesium.

What do you guys think? In my opinion it lacks maybe more anti-fungal. I am not sure if anyone has any experience battling enterobactor. Also unsure about the probiotics containing the bad ingredients.

Thanks!!

P.S. I have not been replying on every reply I get, but I do read everything! I even come back to these forums often and read your replies again and again for motivation and because some are so information dense.

#519603 - 05/01/19 04:10 PM Re: Update: stool-analysis is in. Gut is a wasteland. [Re: Bazel]
Caturday Offline
New_Member

Which stool and blood analysis did you use to get your results?
This seems very thorough. I'm no expert in stool stuff or gut microbiome so i will leave it to the other folks on here since i'm new here first post! laugh

#519609 - 05/02/19 04:17 AM Re: Update: stool-analysis is in. Gut is a wasteland. [Re: Bazel]
Janclebro Online   content

Loc: Cape Town, South Africa
This is very interesting, Bas. I'm so glad you've taken this step. It's nice to have the information! Although the results are burdensome, I personally started to make significant progress once I'd had the same tests. Cutting out food intolerances made a significant improvement to my pain levels. I've learnt now to tell the difference between bacterial pain triggered by starch, pain caused by food intolerances and in my case pain caused by a bloom in candida.

I haven't come across these particular bacteria, but it seems that they are both anaerobic, gram-negative bacteria, like klebsiella and ecoli. They might respond to similar treatment.

Consider using something like berberine against the bacteria. I use one called Berbermycin by Xymogen. You mentioned needing antifungals, but it seems that the pathogens you've mentioned are bacterial, not fungal, so you might not need to worry about that. Very glad there's no candida to complicate things. Staying off starch should also help to starve the bacteria. You might want to try Kellybells's protocol, because you're in a catch 22 - as long as you're killing the bad bacteria you'll also be killing off the good.

The Gutpro and Gutpro Infant (which I think you're already taking) are high in bifidobacteria, which should help to increase your butyrate producers. I personally have found that probiotics that contain Maltodextrin keep me in constant low to medium level pain. It also seems that your recommended probiotics are not very high in bifidobacteria which are necessary to feed the butyrate producers. But don't let me put you off - that's just my opinion. I also find curcumin quite a problem - it was prescribed for me - but I managed to heal my gut inflammation without it. I think you'll find it tests highly positive for starch. Don't forget to take omega 3.

Regarding your four month food exclusion plan, my advice would be to stay off those foods for at LEAST four months, and only to eat them again once your gut results have improved. Otherwise, if you start eating them again while your gut is still leaky, your intolerance level will rapidly build up again. Maybe aim for another stool test in six months time and see how the results compare.

Good luck Bas
Jane
Spondyloarthropathy with symptoms of AS, Sjögrens and fibro. Previously took Celebrex, Methotrexate, Trepiline, Prednisone which seemed to trigger a flare and my illness became much worse. Symptoms now kept mostly under control with NSD, as well as cutting sugar, dairy and yeast and food intolerances. Mostly pain free now and all symptoms massively improved.

#519612 - 05/02/19 07:16 AM Re: Update: stool-analysis is in. Gut is a wasteland. [Re: Bazel]
Dotyisle Offline

Loc: Rosario, Argentina
Hello Bazel,

I never had stool analysis done, but if you have severe leaky gut may be why so many foods are highly intolerant or somewhat intolerant.

Other than diet, the two things that helped me the most was probiotics and fasting (Edgar Cayce 3 day apple fast I learned here).

Not familiar with your probiotic choices, I always choose Natrens Healthy Trinity when I purchased them. I did trial some other brands, but never found them to help that much.

Best of luck to you.

Tim

KONK - Keep ON Kicking

#519675 - 06/01/19 08:46 AM Re: Update: stool-analysis is in. Gut is a wasteland. [Re: Bazel]
Kellybells Online   content
First_Degree_AS_Kicker

Loc: Canada
Hi Bazel, thanks so much for sharing your results!!! That must have been quite a thing to hear. Had no idea someone could be intolerant of beef.

Fortunately, there's a good list of foods you can still eat. I also did really well with zucchini/courgette, globe artichokes, and okra, if you're looking for more variety in veg.

Can't do agree more with the recommendations about probiotics (though I can't speak to the products they recommended). I attribute my success to 3 things: strict starch avoidance, probiotics, and occasional 10 day courses of berberine (and other herbal antibiotics like peppermint oil and oil of oregano).

I'm generally pain free and my bowels have never been better (though I never had IBS, I struggled with slow motility and frequent constipation). I've never had testing done, I just go with how I'm feeling.

I've been reluctant to experiment with fiber...,apart from large amounts of ground flax, I haven't had much else. I've been thinking of trying some psylium or something like it, How are you doing with acacia?
Suspected USpA. HLA B27, xray, u/sound, blood tests all -ve. Ancient history of plantar fasciitis, SI joint pain, knee arthritis. Recent history of tendinitis, neck pain, debilitating finger pain and stiffness (especially mornings). No diagnosis, no meds.

2010 - stopped eating dairy
2012 - stopped eating wheat
2014 - stopped eating all grains
Jan 2017 - discovered NSD - 98% improvement in symptoms, continually amazed by my results, wish I'd found kickAS sooner

Moderator:  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 76 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
NSD for non hlab27 sufferers
by NZMatt
08/11/19 11:22 PM
Success at last finally found my problem foods by
by L33
07/30/19 11:44 PM
Enbrel Users
by JamesF
07/21/19 01:20 PM
Autoimmune Paleo Protocol or 3 day Apple Fast?
by Verona
07/16/19 05:44 PM
Imagine Dragons - lead singer Dan Reynolds
by Dotyisle
07/15/19 07:51 AM
LRA - Lymphocyte Response Assay
by Hollingsworth
07/13/19 12:51 PM
Biologic complications
by Luvnlife
07/05/19 09:20 AM
(Views)Popular Topics