Hi Everyone,

I have been in a period of severe pain in one hip, well actually from my knee to my rib cage - settled around the iliopsoas connection points, since December 5th. It started when I had an "accident" while putting on one sock. no That's so freaking embarrassing to tell anyone in the general public, but I know y'all get it. Now it's a deep ache that goes through my right hip, just above where my thigh bends, and ends up at the top of my right femur bone.

Anyhow, previously I had decided that if I got a bad flare/injury ever again I was going to hit it with everything I had. So, yesterday I tried ketamine WHICH WAS DISGUSTING. sick1 The kicker is that throughout the whole 2hrs 45 minutes (I couldn't last the whole 4 hours) the freaking pain did not go away at all. Added to that, I was disoriented and hallucinating the whole time. By the time I was finished, my husband took me home and I couldn't even function at all. Now I have a fever, woke up feeling very depressed and useless and old, and now I feel like a jackass for even trying it. It was well beyond a waste of time and the $700 it cost me to do this. mad Live and learn I guess.

Then after all that the MD checked me out again and did that "humph, you're in good shape. lots of pain though. better try physio."

Has anyone tried amitriptyline? I'm thinking of trying that for nighttime since it is approved for nerve pain as well as hemiplegic migraines.

I hope y'all are having a better week.

Peace, Erica

Movin' it so I don't lose it!