Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
For people who go on and off the diet, multiple times, you notice is that it is less effective every time you need to go back on? Would you ever noticed that when you go back on you need to be more strict to get the same results that you had before? Or that you need to supplement with medication words before you didn't need to? Thanks for your honesty :-)

Diagnosed with AS 2018, MRI Sacroiliac joint: HLB27 +: uveitis
NSAIDS,
Peripheral (hands, jaw, knees)
LSD - 2018, NSD - 2019, AIP June 2018

Some nuts (not me, what I eat)
No dairy
Some egg
Some low carb fruit

"a laptop scientist and everyday researcher committed to health"
M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
I was strict for a long time. Now I am able to eat starchy foods once in a while with no problems. If I go overboard on starch I feel a little off and I just throttle back. Not much help for you. I was totally nsd for years.
ETTE
Darrel

Last edited by mulehound; 01/29/19 06:06 PM.
OP Offline
Thanks Darrel. That's good to know. If you have time, would you be willing to share how long you went NSD for strict before you could add a little starch? Also, how long before you were completely pain free using NSD? Thanks!!

Diagnosed with AS 2018, MRI Sacroiliac joint: HLB27 +: uveitis
NSAIDS,
Peripheral (hands, jaw, knees)
LSD - 2018, NSD - 2019, AIP June 2018

Some nuts (not me, what I eat)
No dairy
Some egg
Some low carb fruit

"a laptop scientist and everyday researcher committed to health"
AS Czar
AS Czar
Hello, iamhealth123:

I went VERY STRICT for six years, during which time I did cycles of my own antibiotic protocol and also supplemented aggressively.

Slowly, I began testing my reaction to starches during times I stopped the ABX and at first I could not go without modestly strict diet but eventually, I was able to cheat for longer periods without getting myself back in the club.

Today, my diet is almost normal, avoiding gratuitous starches (like pancakes and a lot of breads) but I do not react.

I think the opposite is true for the contention that the diet becomes less effective somehow--Carol Sinclair observed that she became more aware of pains caused by trace starches and borderline foods but most people are able to cheat and get right back on the wagon and the symptoms go away much faster than if consuming starches all the time.

We can overcome AS with diet alone, but I only got the diet to work most effectively after I had taken several cycles of ABX--then for many months I was able to totally control symptoms without the ABX; diet alone.

I believe now that my own AS was exacerbated by SIBO and LGS of course which had increased due to my NSAID use. The ABX got rid of the SIBO and the right food choices and supplements helped me heal my gut.

Hope You have even better results on the NSD than I did,

HEALTH,
John

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!