Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Robin_H Offline OP
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Many of you have used olive and oregano oil as dietary supplements to combat gastrointestinal infections.

I have started applying frankincense to areas of my body where bursitis and stiffness is the worst: three to four drops in my palm then I rub it into the back of my neck or shoulder blade, etc. Some of these oils may be so fine that they quickly absorb into the body and act as mild antimicrobials, anti-inflammatory, etc.

There are medicines that are absorbed through skin patches instead of the gut since the acids and enzymes in the gut destroy the medicines; and so does the liver. Perhaps using the skin can be more effective for a systemic effect instead of eating the oils. If it works slow but subtly over time with less damage than phamaceuticals then I am sure that Big Pharma will get the FDA to try to class neutraceuticals and essential oils as pharmaceuticals just to make them even less affordable.

Some people I know that have MSIDS are using frankincense just before bed and rubbing it in their feet, or on temples and forehead just before bed and are reporting lessened symptoms and improved sleep. I just started it two nights ago and something positive is going on. I wont form a definite conclusion yet thought.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Robin_H; 11/06/18 05:06 PM.
C
Active_Member
Active_Member
C
[quote=Robin_H

There are medicines that are absorbed through skin patches

[/quote]

I use skin patches containing Lidocaine to treat my nerve pain (neuropathy). I can't say they are very effective but then nerve pain is notoriously difficult to treat successfully. I suppose the little relief I get with the patches is better than no relief at all. I have been offered Morphine pain patches but am keeping off these for the time being as I may need them in the future.

C
Active_Member
Active_Member
C
Just wondering Robin is this frankincense you use very expensive?

Robin_H Offline OP
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hello Cymro:

A 15 mL bottle lasts me about 25 days and costs about $10 CAD.

People swear by Young Living brand for its guarantee of essential oil purity. I suspect that the brand is expensive and I have not tried it. Perhaps having a club membership or something like that can bring down the cost.

I have tried Dolphin and Piping Rock brands and have been satisfied with them.

I use about a total of 12 drops a night (four drops in three different locations.) There are about 20 drops per mL and a single bottle is 15 ml, and so that gives me about 25 days of use out of one bottle. The cost of a bottle is about $10 CAD.

My goal is not to use frankincense as a pain killer. The goal is to use it as an infection killer. If you think that your neuropathy is caused by an infection then give it a try. Also, frankincense likely has other effects that I am not even considering that could be a benefit.

https://ca.pipingrock.com/essential-oils...per-bottle-6366

Then there are other oils to consider too.
Eleven Essential Oils That Help Fight Lyme Disease

C
Active_Member
Active_Member
C
Originally Posted By Robin_H
Hello Cymro:

My goal is not to use frankincense as a pain killer. The goal is to use it as an infection killer. If you think that your neuropathy is caused by an infection then give it a try.

Thank for that Robin.
My neuropathy problems have been diagnosed with an M.R.I. scan as being caused by the radiotherapy I was given some years ago. Strange as it may sound to us today by radiotherapy was at one time seen as the latest miracle cure for A.S. As things turned out it did the A.S. little or no good and only caused other problems such as nerve damage. Still I suppose I should be grateful at least it did not give my cancer as it did to some patients. Perhaps those on this Forum who do not believe in modern scientific medicine are right after all.

Robin_H Offline OP
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
The failed experiments in modern medicine have taught a lot. Sadly it came at a lot of suffering.

BTW: I might have over-done the frankincense last night -- I directly rubbed about four drops into the back of the scalp, four in the back of the neck, four on an arm and four across the shoulder blades. These are areas I feel that bartonella and other microbes have colonized my body the most. Actually most damage seems to be in the hands and legs but they bother me the least since the spine is more sensitive and I have to sleep on the spine. As I repeatedly awoke all through the night I felt those specific areas increase with deep burning and pain. It may be premature to conclude that they were localized Herxheimer reactions but I will repeat that experiment to find out.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5748643/

I guess that I overdid the frankincense because earlier in the day I saw my GP and he refused to prescribe minocycline and rifampin for bartonella based on a clinical diagnosis; he rejected advanced testing from Germany -- only trusts Canadian tests from the lowest bidder in USA. The frankincense binge was like "hitting the bottle."

I have no evidence of spinal fusion, etc., but I have an underlying inflammatory process that I think is infection based, and based on a loss of tolerance to my microbiome. Gut infections from long-term NSAID use likely caused LGS resulting in loss of microbiome tolerance and hence autoinflammation. Luckily I do not have the genetics to replace enthesis with bone.

Bartonella, Klebs, Blastocystis hominis, et-al are causing a lot of diseases in which the cause is "unknown."

Last edited by Robin_H; 11/10/18 03:35 AM. Reason: addendum

HLA-B27 neg, vague AS symptoms in 20s and early 30s
1993:fibromyalgia (age 25)
2013.07:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.08:Scratched by a sick cat
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,359,842 hmmm
1,318,621 OMG!!!!
708,474 PARTY TIME!