Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Topic Options
#518617 - 04/24/18 10:24 AM Colostrum for gut healing & immune sys regulation
Robin_H Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker

Loc: Central Canada
Colostrum contains:
  • antibodies
  • peptides that act as signalling molecules that balance the TH1 and TH2 branches of the immune system
  • and many types of growth factors most useful for the gut.
I ordered some from New Zealand. I hope it is comparable to medical grade. I will try it for a month and see how it works -- reporting back here of course.

Another Kickas member mentioned it in the thread "Fix your gut protocol"

There was a study on cycling athletes in which they tried to see how it effected recovery time, stamina, strength,... but any result must have been through just how colostrum effects the gut and immune system; none of the growth factors can get past the gut and to the muscles. In the study they used daily doses ranging between 20 grams to 60 grams. No effects were found in any study in which a dose was less than 10 grams a day. These doses are much larger than the dosages recommended on the product label.

Here are a doctor's and a researcher's reports on colostrum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViB3k_gvLp0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHOuEzCkogQ

Lastly, there was an experiment on rodents to see how well colostrum could heal or prevent gut damage due to NSAIDs
Bovine colostrum is a health food supplement which prevents NSAID induced gut damage

Some colostrum sources:
I hope this helps.

May the Force be with you All.
Robin

#519079 - 10/04/18 04:02 PM Re: Colostrum for gut healing & immune sys regulation [Re: Robin_H]
Robin_H Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker

Loc: Central Canada
Update:

The colostrum that I acquired from Goodhealth Naturally NZ in New Zealand did not improve my condition. But I had a lengthy email conversation with a naturopath that represented the company and was told that colostrum may not be whole and likely has had some important components removed from it for resale as a different product. They promote the main IgG component which should be good for pathogen reduction. She would not say that they may have extracted components however she did mention that they sold a concentrated product containing proline rich polypeptides (PRP's) which are derived from colostrum and so I think it is safe to assume that their colostrum is not whole if they get both from the same supplier/manufacturer.

Here's an excerpt from my converstaion with the naturopath

Originally Posted By "Goodhealth Naturally"
Our New Zealand colostrum in the 100 percent Colostrum powder adheres to the following. There are very strict standards in the New Zealand Dairy industry; the governing body for this is the Ministry of Primary Industries (MPI). New Zealand colostrum is collected only from pasture-fed cows which are free from antibiotics and growth hormones. The quality and consistency in the manufacture and supply of our colostrum is assured. The colostrum is collected and stored in refrigerated vats and then it is flash pasteurized. Low heating processing retains the biological activity (poor practises of colostrum collecting may freeze the colostrum and then pasteurize with high heat, which can damage the protein molecules and may inhibit the integrity of the active components of the colostrum).

Being "100%" does not mean it's the whole product. "100%" may mean that there are no additives.

It likely was the PRP's that were extracted to be used in an allergy spray. The PRP's are immunomodulating which are supposed to help with balancing the innate and adaptive immune system thus reducing autoimmunity and autoinflammation.

Originally Posted By "Goodhealth Naturally"
We did used to do a concentrated product of PRPs from colostrum called Immunonlox but no longer manufacture it sadly due to the balance of manufacture and customer demand, But was a great product regarding auto immunity support and we had good feedback.

The same is probably true regarding the growth factors (CAGF or CBGF). There are many other components such as lactoferrin, lysozyme and lactoperoxidase. They do list the amount of lactoferrin that is in their product (0.1%) but it is ten times less than what a competitor states. So I would presume that it was also mostly extracted for medical profit purposes.

It is possible that the amount of some components is not stated because of the cost of analysis. But considering how much they probably can make on a single batch then I would imagine that the cost won't hurt profits too much.

It is a New Zealand brand and a colostrum producer, Doug Wyatt, that now resides and manufactures his brand in USA tells his story about why he manufactures it and how as the NZ government took over the company he formed the quality went down. So he moved himself and his business (Sovereign Labs) from NZ to USA.

Sovereign Labs does much testing which includes looking for pathogens, before and after pasteurization. On one batch they stated that the growth factors -- IGF1, EFG, TGF-Beta1&2, VEGF -- averaged 1.8%. I have seen it vary from batch to batch; but they do tests and state its presence which just makes me think that competitors won't state the composition because the components have been removed.

If I try colostrum again then I would use Doug Wyatt's Sovereign Labs brand.

On a related note I was at a supermarket and wanted to buy "sea salt." I picked up a package and read the list of ingredients. There were additives such as table sugar, a chemical as an anti-caking agent, and one or two more. These days it is hard to get a whole product that hasn't either had junk added or the good stuff removed!!

If you have tried colostrum and had results please add to this thread.

I hope this helps.
Robin
2013.08:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal

#519185 - 11/13/18 07:20 PM Re: Colostrum for gut healing & immune sys regulation [Re: Robin_H]
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin

Loc: Gillette, Wyoming
Robin-
very interesting.
So many things in our food industry are not what they seem.

thanks

#519189 - 11/14/18 04:35 AM Re: Colostrum for gut healing & immune sys regulation [Re: Lon]
Cymro Offline
New_Member

Originally Posted By Lon

So many things in our food industry are not what they seem.

If we knew everything that was put in our food we would end up eating next to nothing.

Moderator:  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 75 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
THC/CBD vaping oil works for R.Artritis 100%
by trying2help
12/16/18 09:54 AM
Borage seed oil
by lulu12
12/13/18 06:15 AM
Can AS cause weight loss?
by thebluedog
12/12/18 01:00 PM
Citrate-free Humira = Less / No Pain