Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#519057 - 09/22/18 10:57 PM Skin that burns and is sensitive to pressure
Robin_H Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker

Loc: Central Canada
Does anyone have the symptom?

I have it patches all over my body -- mostly hands, forearms, feet, shins, thighs and buttocks. It also has developed on my back mostly around the shoulder blades. Of course the sacrum, hips, knees, groin and most of the spine is effected as well. Even my belly button burns sometimes. The worse part used to be my face and spine pain/burning. Circulation in the hands has gotten unstable and my finger tips often get shriveled as if I was in the bath tub for too long. Bartonella damages blood vessels.

Strong pressure causes what appears to be microscopic, broken blood vessels inside the skin and I am getting a few agionomas (blood red circles on my skin about the size of a poppy seed.) My feet, thighs and [*bleep*] are the most tender because they endure the most pressure -- good thing I don't stand on my head often. Then while I sleep I wake up and have to shift from one side to the other since the skin is burning painfully. It is impossible to sleep on my back because any pressure on the occipital area of the skull gives me a headache and aching eyes.

My naturopath listened to my entire health history with environmental exposures. He concluded that I've probably had Lyme disease since around 1993 -- when my GP diagnosed me with fibromyalgia as my immune system spent two years learning to suppress about 75% of the symptoms. It was in 2013 that my heath rapidly became unstable after playing with a sick kitten that had a ear mite infestation and then a week later I had a scuba accident that got sea water into my inner ear. A few weeks after that is when symptoms evolved and worsened and so I added insult to injury by using a lot of NSAID which really made for a lot of inflammation likely due to the translocation of but pathobiont.

My symptoms are very similar to a variation cat scratch fever modified by other infections -- babesia, lyme and EBV. Those and two more were detected by Armin Labs in Germany using the EliSpot method that has a specificity of about 95% and a sensitivity that ranges between 20 to 200 x better than conventional ELISA screening methods that USA and Canada use. They only test for Lyme and co-infections. There probably are more from my gut too.

I took the Armin Lab results and my story (tried to compress it into 30 minutes) to my brand new family doctor and he scoffed at the tests and said that they were very dubious since it was a private lab not approved by the FDA or Heath Canada, which is just a follower of the CDC in USA.

Any thoughts on this and do you have those skin burning and tenderness symptoms?

Robin

#519058 - 09/23/18 05:09 AM Re: Skin that burns and is sensitive to pressure [Re: Robin_H]
Frederick Online   content
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker

Originally Posted By Robin_H

Any thoughts on this and do you have those skin burning and tenderness symptoms?

A burning sensation of the skin can be caused by some sort of nerve damage neuropathy etc. I doubt if this will be of much help to you so sorry

#519059 - 09/23/18 07:52 AM Re: Skin that burns and is sensitive to pressure [Re: Robin_H]
EricaK Offline
Royal_AS_kicker

Loc: Colorado, USA
Yes. I get these when I'm in a flare but not other times. Same with sun sensitivity - occasionally I feel like my skin is on fire when the sun is on my skin. Sometimes I have cherry angiomas, random bruising, dry spots, etc. and sometimes not. Sometimes I can't stand the feel of any clothing or pressure, especially around my sacrum, shoulders, or neck. What helps me deal with the pressure is using a hot or cold pack, depending upon what I can handle at that moment. And weirdly it helps when I walk during the times when my feet feel the worst, and I hydrate & take a tylenol before I go walking.

Have you been tested for ANA or RF yet?

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

#519061 - 09/23/18 01:33 PM Re: Skin that burns and is sensitive to pressure [Re: Robin_H]
DragonSlayer Offline
AS Czar

Loc: Reno or SFLU Philippines
Hello, Robin:

I'm thinking Babesiosis (?), as ticks can also be a vector for this disease. AS can also cause vasculitis, but it is usually mild in the form of rosacea; the comorbidities You are experiencing can perhaps amplify the normally more mild AS symptoms because of "anergy" or immune system overtaxation.

I would entertain doing several stages of the Beck Protocols or other methods to treat these types of systemic infections.

HEALTH,
John

Professor Ebringer: On Diet and AS;

RED ARROW --> Philippines

#519064 - 09/26/18 05:24 PM Re: Skin that burns and is sensitive to pressure [Re: Frederick]
Robin_H Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker

Hi Frederick,

you're right that the burning and stinging is related to the nerves but the damage does not seem to be permanent since its intensity varies. There is a permanent but minor sensation that I feel is mostly due to changes in the collagen due to infection and perhaps a bit of auto-immunity (inflammation). There are many autoimmune side-effects to persistent stealth infections that change their form. Bartonella gets its energy from collagen and peptides, not sugar.

The odds that I caught bartonella five years ago is high even though I test negative in a Canadian lab (July 2018) -- I have not been able to find a web page with their method of test, which is likely an unreliable ELISA antibody test (all tests have their limitations -- DNA/rNA PCR, culturing, bioresonance, etc). It is very hard to capture a moment when an infected human has the bacteria in the blood thus triggering a humoral antibody response. Some chronically infected people (and animals) eventually stop producing antibodies to the infection! In my unprofessional opinion I believe that doing a BAPGM PCR test on a tissue biopsy is best but doctors are reluctant to do so. I know just the place that would produce best results on me; got a colonoscope?

The good news is that the neuropathy in bartonella is caused by restricted blood flow since bartonella likes to colonize endothelial tissue (skin, gut lining and blood vessels) and apparently infestation in those tissues is easy to treat with a short course of antibiotics and the effect rapidly reverses. The hard part is when bartonella gets into other tissues like tendons, heart, eyes,...

When I first met a rhuematologist in June 2015 he wanted to give me immunosuppressants and my thought was, "that is *ss backwards! We need to boost my immune system to shut down whatever microbes that are in me that are causing the spinal inflammation (and gut too)."

I don't think I have AS or IBS or any true autoimmune disease but my brand new GP is likely siding on autoimmunity. Time will tell. He ordered tests for bartonella, borrelia and many other infections. His test selection was biased and didn't order any tests that give a picture of general immune system activity -- his choice of white blood cell populations was overly simplistic so I forged the request form a bit and ordered some evaluation of the complement system and cluster of differentiation to look for immune suppression (the side of the picture the GP's tend to neglect looking at). Perhaps he'll fire me for just doing that but maybe he wont care.

I expect the bartonella test to be negative again. However I'm flying out of the province to get antibiotic treatment before I see him again. When I return and inform him of what I did I am confident that I will get fired by him. Fine with me! It happens a lot to people in my situation.

Cheers!
Robin

#519065 - 09/26/18 05:34 PM Re: Skin that burns and is sensitive to pressure [Re: EricaK]
Robin_H Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker

Hi EricaK,

My rheumatoid factors were all negative in 2015 and so was my ANA. As I felt myself going seriously auto-immune in April this year, and the numbness/tingling/burning developed in my lower legs and arms, I went to a hospital while still in China and tried getting them to test me for borrelia (bartonella still had not dawned on me), some cytokines and ANA. They sort of laughed and said that they can't provide any of those other than ANA. I think it was a bit of a language barrier. The ANA at that time was negative.

A year ago ordered a few biofilm busters (EDTA, NAC and serrapeptase) and also recently purchased cat's claw and I find that they cause flares. My guess is that they are stirring up the infections in me. I mentioned it to my naturopath and he thinks the same thing as I. I have not mentioned it to my GP and suspect that he will just think I'm a nut.

#519066 - 09/26/18 05:47 PM Re: Skin that burns and is sensitive to pressure [Re: DragonSlayer]
Robin_H Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker

Hi John

thanks for the Beck Protocol suggestion. Montel Williams was using something along these lines to treat his MS. I've seen Lyme patients promote similar electric pulse devices and they say that daily use has kept them in remission for years.

Anecdotal evidence is worthy of investigation. I am purchasing a home sauna just to help me relax in the horrible Canadian cold and also to get the toxins out.

Regards,
Robin

#519067 - 09/26/18 05:52 PM Re: Skin that burns and is sensitive to pressure [Re: Robin_H]
Robin_H Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker

Yes, today is a good day. I avoided all antimicrobials except oregano oil. No starch either. However I was so miserable yesterday that I broke down and took a pill of acetaminophen before bed despite having a chronically dysfunctional gut.

#519068 - 09/27/18 03:11 PM Re: Skin that burns and is sensitive to pressure [Re: Robin_H]
Robin_H Offline
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker

Woke up at two a.m. stinging, burning and sick and I don't think it was due to anything I ate. I suspect it is just a natural cycle of the infections.

I wonder how many of you are having AS due to infections -- probably most.

#519069 - 09/29/18 01:03 AM Re: Skin that burns and is sensitive to pressure [Re: Robin_H]
Janclebro Offline

Loc: Cape Town, South Africa
Hi Robin, I don't have all of your symptoms, but have had burning skin since I was a teenager(over 40 years ago). In my case the skin feels as if it's raw to the touch, but nothing is visible on the surface. The patches of burning seem to follow the course of a nerve. I have never been given a diagnosis for it, but have noticed over the years that mine is triggered by yeast or mould, so I stay off anything that could trigger it and I'm now mostly free of the symptom. If I have anything yeasty, for example a bit of barbecue sauce containing vinegar, the burning patches flare up, not immediately but within two or three days. I'm intolerant of yeasts, and I also have candida, so either of those could be the culprit.

I think that once our immune systems are in self-attack mode, any system can be affected and all sorts of symptoms can flare, not necessarily only the ones that are associated with our disease. I seem to have a load of symptoms that are atypical, but have decided that whatever the symptom, the key is to get back my gut health and resolve the dysbiosis there. I'm sure that if we can accomplish that, better health will follow.

I also get a lot of facial flushing - a lupus-shaped flush. I don't have the easy bruising that you describe.

I hope all the comments help you get closer to resolving this, Robin. It takes a while to work one's own particular protocol out, but if you're attentive to your body and pursue this diligently, I'm sure you'll be rewarded.

I think it highly likely that unresolved infection plays a major role in the development of autoimmune disease. Have you read Rebecca Fett's book, 'The Keystone Approach'? Highly recommended, and she addresses this, though unfortunately she doesn't discuss yeasts. All the best to you - Jane
Spondyloarthropathy with symptoms of AS, Sjögrens and fibro. Previously took Celebrex, Methotrexate, Trepiline, Prednisone which seemed to trigger a flare and my illness became much worse. Symptoms now kept mostly under control with NSD, as well as cutting sugar, dairy and yeast and food intolerances. Mostly pain free now and all symptoms massively improved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Still surviving AS
by stevec
10/13/18 11:00 AM
Hello kickers... long time since checking in
by Dotyisle
10/08/18 12:28 PM
Health insurance delaying medical services
by mutagen
10/06/18 08:52 PM
Cosentyx. Has anyone had success with this?
by Cre8tive1
10/04/18 04:34 PM
Pain where pectoralis minor inserts into the ribs?
by The_Inflammator
10/02/18 05:22 PM
Skin that burns and is sensitive to pressure
by Robin_H
09/22/18 10:57 PM
How I cured my AS (continued)
by davidchen
09/06/18 02:46 AM
(Views)Popular Topics
"FITNESS" TEAM! - All Physical Activity & Sports 40,002,965
hmmm 2,120,954
Has anyone had Pedicle subtraction Osteotomy ? 1,766,957