Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By Kellybells
Just go away Frederick. You're not welcome and you've been told repeatedly to remove yourself from this forum. Returning to question whether others belong here is completely beyond the pale.

Until I am barred from this Forum I will continue to contribute freedom of speech and all that.

The question of if all those who post on here do actually suffer from A.S. was first brought up be someone else some short time ago. So I was just responding to that.

M
MLR Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
M
This particular thread had nothing to do with that. If you have nothing better to do than to be the nay sayer on threads where people want to discuss their success with healing the gut through diet, maybe you should find a better hobby?

M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
I had to prove that it was working for me took a year or so. My doctors came around. Don't get discouraged. As for Frederick I believe in both sides of an issue. Left to right, Black or White. One of my most respected friends and I have nothing in common and I mean nothing. We have some spirited discussions.

I developed a friendship with him dealing with crisis and emergency situations. He drives me crazy but he is a good person.

Stick with it you will succeed in the end.
ETTE
Darrel

F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By mulehound

As for Frederick I believe in both sides of an issue.

Darrel

Yes very true we should not be too dogmatic about anything. All I do is point out that there is another way of doing things. As I have said before if it works for you then go for it but I will stick with conventional medicine

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
MLR - I Completely endorse what Kellybells says, the diet *works. Just check out the diet forum PLUS ALL the success stories (upper case is for doubting-Thomas-Frederick).
I hauled in my own inflammatory problems by following the diet. I did the LSD / low starch protocol. Worked. Do fall by the wayside every now and again, Ho-Hum, up pops the inflammation (usually the spine, of course) then back to the discipline, when all is well again.

As for the rheumy declaring that unless being poisoned with toxic your son would go blind...needs a thorough trouncing. Following 'directives' and no doubt with the help of having his back-pocket stuffed to boot !

Best to your son MLR, he has guts, and is very much on the winning side.

Take care -
MollyC1i - Keeping on, Keeping on, innit smile

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
Molly I have to say your post is invigorating to say the least. Love your fighting spirit.
ETRE
Darrel

Darrel, thank you. Mother said I was born fighting, an seems like I never stopped... devil2 Hope you are still riding you mule. Take care -
Molly - a Keeping on roll

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
M
MLR Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
M
Update on my son: He's the best he's been since we started this journey!!! He's been very strict about the NSD but there was something missing. Both my daughter in law and I have read at least a half dozen books and we finally read the book "The Keystone Approach". What and eye opener. It's a compilation of the recent breakthroughs in autoimmune diseases but mostly talks about RA, AS and Crohn's.
Regy finally got in to see the Functional Medicine doctor and she basically recommended the Mediterranean diet that is in the book. It's very similar to the NSD with olive and avocado oils, multicolored vegetables (6 servings) and dark colored fruits (2 servings). And she suggested he rotate between three different probiotics. The past week his improvement has been dramatic. He has no pain for the first time in 3 months. Fortunately Regy is very disciplined with the diet and doesn't mind the limitations. I have been trying to make recipes and encouraged him to try adding different foods just so he doesn't get bored with meals but he said he's fine with eating this way. He still can't tolerate eggs and hasn't tried milk products yet but who knows. I'm hopeful for him and his future!

A
New_Member
New_Member
A
I have Psoriatic Arthritis, I did 2 injections of Humira in May and had bad reactions. I stopped them and am now on a no starch diet other than sweet potato once in a while. I just read John Pagano's book and am drinking Slippery Elm tea and Saffaron tea. My rheumatologist is saying I must do Enbrel or Methotrexate and I don't want to do either. My knee, and back hurt and I am getting psoriasis. I use ACV, apple cider vinegar on my head. I am totally confused by this whole ordeal as some people and books say you can do this naturally and then the doctors and other people say you MUST take drugs or biologics. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By Ann1965

My rheumatologist is saying I must do Enbrel or Methotrexate and I don't want to do either.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Personally I don't believe in so called "alternative medicine" so feel free to disregard anything I say. Many on this Forum do however believe in such things but they still attend rheumatology clinics. I don't see what is the point in attending a rheumatology clinic unless you are willing to listen to what the doctor has to say. I always go with the science and leave the "mumbo jumbo" to those who feel any benefit from such things.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)