Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
kj243 Offline OP
OP Offline
K

I apologize for posting yet another topic here. I'm trying to get any ideas on a probiotic to try.

Upon some research it seems that prescript assist has had some kind of strange recall turmoil that it's going through. I've heard mixed opinions on the safety of the new product they are offering, and for those that use this product, can you clarify anything about what's going on with it?

But because prescript assist seems a little up in the air at the moment do you guys have any other probiotics that you prefer using or that youve had good success with?

Also, has anyone used SBI protect powder before? It seems to be helping me slowly, and I'm on the 4th week or so.

Would taking probiotics and SBI protect powder at the same time be alright? Like at different times of the day, if anyone knows about this. Also if you know about this powder, is this something you regularly take or do like an 8 week course of.

Thanks for any help you guys offer, I appreciate it.

M
MLR Offline
New_Member
New_Member
M
My son recently started a probiotic regimen as recommended by his Functional Medicine Doctor. She wanted him rotating different ones. He is on three: Floristor, Bio-K and Gut Pro Infant probiotic (very expensive). We got these products through recommendations from the doctor and also reading books on the subject.

The BEST book on all of the latest research on autoimmune diseases is The Keystone Approach by Rebecca Fett. I can't say enough about this book and how helpful it is to understand the reasons behind the core causes of autoimmune disease and how to treat it with diet. The book is relevant to RA, AS and Crohn's disease since these are so interrelated. I think I've read 5 books and also numerous papers and articles and this book tops them all.

Best of luck and health,
Lori

K
kj243 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks so much for your response. I've ordered the book, it sounds great and was surprisingly cheap.

Ive looked up Floristor, and it seems to have starch in some of the products, or lactose in others. How is your son doing on it? Is he tolerating it alright? Or is there a kind that doesnt have this, there seems to be a bunch of different ones.

Wish all the best, thanks for the ideas.

M
MLR Offline
New_Member
New_Member
M
He's not only tolerating he's thriving. It's been amazing. He sticks to the NSD pretty strict but with the addition of the probiotics he's added in low starch vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage which he couldn't tolerate before. The doc wants him eating multicolored vegetables and limited fruits (2 servings a day). She also wants him to limit red meat and animal fats because they are inflammatory. He is to eat fish two or three times per week, chicken the same and beef twice a week.
He doesn't have milk products, generally, but the small amount in the probiotics don't bother him. I'm not sure if he'll be able to have milk. He did cheat with a milkshake a few weeks ago and didn't have a meltdown flare; it was just the same pain level as he'd been having.
The trick with starch is to increase fiber to tolerate a little starch.
I hope you find help with the book!
Here's to a pain free life!

K
kj243 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
That's absolutely fantastic for your son! I'm glad to hear it.

Thanks for the tips, I'll probably give it a go then with a probiotic that may have a small amount of something in it. My AS isn't terrible but it's moderate and it's enough to be an annoyance.

Thanks for your help! I apologize to keep asking questions but, if you're limiting animal fats/servings, what's the bulk of the calories like on that diet? Just alot of natural fats? Sorry to keep pestering you, just seeing how some people do things. I'm trying to limit animal protein myself.

M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
Natren healthy trinity is a staple for me.
ETTE
Darrel

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 113 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM